The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is looking for a FWD Lead Operator that is responsible for all aspects of continuous operation & environmental compliance for both Line #1 & #2 dryer lines, WESP, RTO’s, DHM emissions scrubber and PPRTO.
- Responsible for monitoring process equipment trends to keep equipment in a compliance and reliable state
- Daily documented walk/inspection of 2 WESP lines, 3 RTOs, dryer system & DHM scrubber.
- Enter work request(s) into system for dryer/furnace/WESP equipment when issues are found during daily inspections.
- Ensure all centrifuge dump pits, WESP baskets, and secondary containment areas are cleared daily and free of debris.
- Assist FWD manager in preparation and execution of outage related deliverables.
- Assist FWD manager in normal daily operations and/or as unforeseen issues arise.
- Escalate issues as applicable regarding our environmental equipment, centrifuge(s) and ash pile(s).
- Provide direction and feedback to FDW temporary associates, audit timesheets, and collaborate with Human Capital on attrition/addition of resources.
- Train temporary associates in forklift and skid steer operation.
- Other duties as assigned by FWD Area Manager
- High school diploma or GED required within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with heavy equipment operation
- A quick learner, ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Safely and efficiently performs all essential functions of the job
- Superior cognitive and systems knowledge to achieve production goals.
- Develop and maintain accurate written records.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement.
- Strong leadership abilities as demonstrated with past work experience or activities.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.