The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking to add a Senior Accountant to join the Fixed Assets Accounting team at our regional headquarters in Raleigh. This role will provide senior level support to the Fixed Assets Manager and will have responsibility for key aspects of fixed assets accounting and lease accounting for Enviva Holdings, LP and its subsidiaries. At Enviva, you will become proficient in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX, LeaseQuery, and will have the opportunity to make a difference across multiple functional areas within the organization.
- Record Fixed Asset additions (construction/purchases), acquisitions, and dispositions in the fixed asset system
- Reconcile and accurately report on Construction in Progress Accounts (CIP) both on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Record movements of project costs into fixed asset accounts including the transition from construction in progress to fixed asset categories and assignment of useful lives
- Provide guidance on capitalization vs expense decisions
- Assist with monitoring completeness of capital authorization forms and documents
- Assist with tracking capital expenditures vs budget
- Perform month end close procedures related to fixed asset accounting including depreciation entries, accrual entries, preparation of reconciliations of the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger
- Maintain and update the new lease administrative system records
- Perform month end close procedures related to lease accounting including amortization entries and reconciliation of the lease system subsidiary ledger to the general ledger
- Prepare supporting schedules for fixed asset and lease footnotes and disclosures
- Align with Corporate Tax Department to properly account for MACRS depreciation
- Collaborate with various business units and departments in performing financial analyses and preparing management reports
- Identify areas for improvement within the fixed asset and project accounting functions and assist in implementing changes
- Support Internal and External Auditor requests by providing PBC and SOX related items
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of General Accounting or Fixed Assets experience
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- 1 year of fixed asset accounting experience, preferred
- 1 year of lease accounting experience, a plus but not required
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Knowledge of LeaseQuery
- CPA Candidate
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.