The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking to add a Senior Accountant to join our financial reporting accounting team. This role will report to the Director of SEC Reporting and will assist with preparing financial reports for the SEC, regulatory agencies, and internal stakeholders.
External Financial Reporting:
- Assist in the external financial reporting process, including drafting of quarterly and annual reporting (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K and other SEC filings)
- Prepare or review financial statements, footnotes, disclosure checklists, supporting schedules and documentation included in external SEC and non-public financial statements to ensure compliance with all U.S. GAAP and disclosure requirements
- Assist in preparing and reviewing detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of SEC financial statements and footnotes
- Assist in the preparation and filings of earnings releases and investor presentation packages, with an emphasis on financial information and related content
- Assist in the preparation and filings of SEC non-financial statement information
- Ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting and continuously enhancing and streamlining reporting processes and controls
Internal Financial Reporting:
- Assist in internal financial reporting processes, including
- Assist in the non-public financial reporting process, including drafting and issuing annual financial statements and footnotes
- Prepare, review and distribute financial related internal management reports and reporting packages
- Identify and create new internal financial reports to provide key stakeholders across various business units essential information for analysis of results, evaluation of performance and to assist managerial decision making
- Assist with maintenance and control of general ledger
- Generate, distribute, maintain and create month-end financial reports for internal stakeholders to assist with analysis of financial and non-financial results
- Assist with the review and analysis of general ledger transactions and account reconciliations to ensure proper classification, accuracy, and completeness
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- Active CPA license required
- 5-7 years of financial reporting preparation experience, including SEC reporting experience in a public company, including 2-3 years of public accounting experience.
- Thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting principles, and SEC regulatory requirements
- Detailed and results oriented and able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, quick learner with a desire to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Adaptive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Workiva or other similar SEC reporting platform
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 including Management Reporter or similar general ledger system and reporting platform
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.