The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Shift Supervisor - Pellet Receiving
In addition to receiving operator duties, this position will assign distribute and monitor work of receiving operators. This position will also verify procedures and paperwork is completed properly and area is properly maintained and cleaned.
- Coordinate work assignment with team to include scheduling breaks/lunches
- Verify completion and accuracy of all paperwork
- Housekeeping audit
- Communicate with shift supervisor and operations supervisor as necessary
- Assist in training of employees in quality, truck receiving, and other tasks to ensure employees keep up with training and certifications
- Complete Leader Standard Work
- Communicate in shift changeover meeting on safety, quality, production of truck receiving
- Skilled operational knowledge of scale program and PLC
- Assist with vessel loading as needed
- Receive pellets into the port, record data to ensure accurate billing
- Communicate in a professional, courteous manner with our suppliers and employees
- Ensure safety of scale area and that loads meet safety criteria
- Keep scale and ramps clean and free of debris
- Collect samples and test finished goods delivered by truck and/or rail
- Maintain QA/QC records and follow Quality Standard Operating Procedures
- Analyze equipment performance and quality results
- Keep area generally neat and orderly
- Operate mobile equipment such as skid steer and telehandler to move dust collection bags
- Keep area clean of accumulated dust
- Follow all workplace and job safety procedures
- Complete safety certification as required for the position
- Communicate operational information as required
- Enter maintenance work requests as applicable
- Escalate issues promptly for proper resolution
- Perform other duties as required and serve as a back-up resource as needed
- Ability to work multiple shift schedules and rotating shifts as required
- High school diploma or able to complete GED requirements with six months of hire
- Skilled in use of Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement
- Team player demonstrated with past work experience or activities
- One-year experience in receiving
- Mastery of all duties in receiving
- Verified troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of chain of command
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.