EigenLabs is the team behind EigenLayer, which provides crypto economic security as a service for proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain modules, such as rollups, bridges, oracles, and Dapps. In today's blockchain ecosystem, each service is typically secured by its own token. The difficulty of bootstrapping new tokens often leads to too little capital to secure their services sufficiently. With EigenLayer, blockchain services can rely on Ethereum for security instead of the value of their own token values. Stakers in the Ethereum proof-of-stake network can "re-stake" their assets with EigenLayer to secure other services and earn higher returns. Customers pay transaction fees for these strong security guarantees, making it possible for anyone to build innovative blockchain modules without large upfront capital costs.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Blockchain Security Lead to join our blockchain technology team. As the functional lead of security for EigenLayer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing robust security measures to protect our blockchain and smart contracts infrastructure against potential threats. You will be leading initiatives to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of our blockchain infrastructure.
This is a full-time position that is fully remote or located with the team based in Seattle. Relocation support available for candidates to move to Seattle, SF Bay Area, or Vancouver, BC.
In order to do this work effectively, you will need to:
- Develop and implement security policies, procedures, and standards to protect our smart contracts and blockchain infrastructure.
- Conduct internal security assessments, audits, and vulnerability testing to identify potential security risks and mitigate them.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the security of the entire EigenLayer ecosystem, including on-chain smart contracts, off-chain nodes, validation infrastructure and wallets.
- Develop and maintain incident response plans to handle security breaches and other security incidents.
- Contribute to internal and external tooling as part of our effort to make smart contract programming safer and more maintainable.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends and developments in the blockchain industry, and continuously improve the security best practices.
- Engage with the community as a thought-leader for suggesting best-practices of security for various participants in the EigenLayer ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in information security, with a focus on blockchain technology.
- 3+ years experience in software development using Golang, C++, Rust, etc.
- Experience leading large-scale security programs either within an organization or across one or more user communities
- Solid understanding of blockchain architecture, including consensus algorithms, smart contracts, and node management.
- Strong experience with cyber-security tools such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Strong experience in Web3 security, including smart-contract audits, formal verification, validator node management, wallet security, and key management.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional and geographically remote teams, partners, and community members.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing a team of security professionals.
You enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Proactively contribute to discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
You want to help the crypto ecosystem improve the everyday lives of billions
- Excited to learn and develop blockchain technology, even if you don’t have crypto development experience yet.
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other professional software industries, and you want to embrace and improve it.