EigenLabs is a dynamic and innovative team that provides crypto-economic security services for proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain modules, such as rollups, bridges, oracles, and dApps. EigenLabs is building the EigenLayer protocol to enable permissionless innovation on Ethereum. With EigenLayer, blockchain services can rely on Ethereum for security, making it possible for anyone to build innovative blockchain modules without large upfront capital costs. EigenLabs is also building a data availability service on top of EigenLayer known as EigenDA, which will serve the critical need to provide critical liveness and security guarantees to scaling solutions such as rollups.
About the Role
EigenLabs is seeking a highly skilled Senior Smart Contracts Developer with at least two years of experience in Ethereum development using Solidity. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing secure and efficient smart contract protocols. They must have a deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals and the EVM, as well as experience with developer tools, security best practices, and testing frameworks. As a senior Smart Contracts Developer, the candidate will work closely with the product and leadership teams to set the on-chain strategy and roadmaps. This is a unique opportunity to build an entirely new paradigm of permissionless innovation, and create outsized impact on EigenLayer, and the Ethereum community.
This is a full-time position that is fully remote or located with the team based in Seattle. Relocation support available for candidates to move to Seattle, SF Bay Area, or Vancouver, BC.
- Design, implement and deploy smart contracts that meet rigorous audit requirements
- Write highly readable, optimized, and secure code backed by a comprehensive test suite
- Design and architect smart contract protocols
- Collaborate with other developers, security auditors, and stakeholders to ensure the quality and security of smart contracts
- Work closely with leadership, product teams and auditors to review potential vulnerabilities and writing documentation on these systems
- Develop and own best practices for protocol upgrades and versioning across different proof-of-stake networks.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Solidity & EVM releases, developer tooling, and exploits
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of smart contract development in Solidity on Ethereum or any EVM-based chain
- Experience with production deployments of non-trivial protocols, and associated security audits
- Deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals, common vulnerabilities, and the EVM
- Experience with developer tools for smart contract application developers (Hardhat, Foundry)
- Passion for collaborating with other developers, security auditors, and stakeholders to ensure the quality and security of smart contracts
- Strong testing skills and experience with testing frameworks for smart contracts
- Ability to design elegant, and usable smart contract interfaces
- Appreciation for direct communication and active listening
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional and geographically remote teams, partners, and community members
- Experience building and managing a protocol with significant TVL is a plus.
- Experience in Web3 security, including smart-contract audits, formal verification, validator node management, wallet security, and key management.
- Familiarity with cryptographyExperience with full-stack software development or at least one modern web development framework (e.g., React)
- Connect with the developer community and collaborate with engineering teams within the ecosystem. Contributions to open-source blockchain projects.
You enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Proactively contribute to discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
You want to help the crypto ecosystem improve the everyday lives of billions
- Excited to learn and develop blockchain technology.
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other professional software industries, and you want to embrace and improve it.