EigenLabs is more than just a leading name in the blockchain space. We’re the driving force behind EigenLayer, a game-changing solution that revolutionizes crypto-economic security. Imagine a world where blockchain projects break free from the shackles of initial capital limitations. With EigenLayer, that’s not a hypothetical—it's our reality. Now, we invite you to be part of this exciting journey.
Imagine a world where blockchain projects break free from the shackles of the scaling trilemma. In today's blockchain ecosystem, each service is typically secured by its own tokenized trust-network. With EigenLayer, services can build upon the established security of the Ethereum trust network, unlocking untold scalability while maintaining security and decentralization.
Enter EigenDA: Provisioning data availability is one of the key components for scaling blockchains, and specifically Layer2 rollups. EigenDA is a secure, high throughput, and decentralized data availability (DA) service built on top of Ethereum using the EigenLayer restaking primitive. Developed by EigenLabs, EigenDA will be the first actively validated service (AVS) to launch on EigenLayer. Restakers will be able to delegate stake to node operators performing validation tasks for EigenDA in exchange for service payments, and rollups will be able to post data to EigenDA in order to access lower transaction costs, higher transaction throughput, and secure composability across the EigenLayer ecosystem.
With EigenLayer, building blockchain infrastructure modules (AVSs) in a permissionless manner is no longer a hypothetical—it's our reality. Now, we invite you to be part of this exciting journey.
About the Role:
As a Backend Engineer you will leverage your skills and knowledge of distributed systems to create technologies that power the world’s most innovative crypto projects. If you’re looking to collaborate with a talented team of engineers, driving innovation and inventing groundbreaking technologies, we look forward to hearing from you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Researchers/Engineers to support design and development of backends, built to run cloud services with their own infrastructure
- Create node operator tools that are capable of launching to different types of validator environments
- Constantly research/learn new concepts, ideas, and frameworks
- Proactively contribute to discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Engage in the team design/code reviews, standups, and agile development processes
What you bring:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- 2+ years of backend distributed systems experience
- Full life cycle development with Go
- Exposure to cloud technologies (managing keys and/or bootstrapping AWS environments)
- Experience developing applications optimized for deployment and management via microservices
- Experience with highly scalable P2P networks
- Track record of successfully delivering complex and high-scale software systems
- Familiarity with blockchain tech and concepts such as; cryptography, polynomial commitments, signature schemes, hash functions, erasure codes, multi-threaded and parallel computing
- Ability to integrate smart contracts
- Experience with Liquid Staking or Node Operations platforms
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $180,000 - $220,000 is the annual base salary. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, EigenLabs provides various employee benefits, including:
- Employer-covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity and paternity leave