Data Scientist at EDO
Los Angeles, CA
EDO (https://www.edo.com) was founded in 2015 to transform how data is used within the Media, Entertainment, and Advertising industry. Through our innovative mindset and technical ingenuity, we created Ad EnGage (https://www.edo.com/products/ad_engage/) which is the first of its kind always-on-data platform that measures the effectiveness of TV video advertisement in real time. To continue our record of transformative products, we recently released the world's first ad intelligence product for streaming (Hulu, Peacock, etc). Now we are focused on developing a measurement platform to finally quantify the impact of all premium video advertisement on real business outcomes. 2021 is a huge growth year for EDO where we expect to significantly expand our clients, revenue, access to capital, and team.
EDO is headquartered in Los Angeles and New York City.
What You Will Do
- Develop a new product to measure video ad efficacy across linear and streaming TV.
- Be involved at all stages from initial exploration to proof-of-concept to production.
- Adapt traditional statistical and marketing methods to large heterogeneous data sets.
- Develop reusable tools and building blocks for connecting data sets
- Build, diagnose, and tune models, then automate the modeling and diagnostics.
- Work on a small team and take ownership of high impact projects
What We Are Looking For
- R or Python developer with 3+ years experience doing hands-on analysis and writing clean, reusable code.
- Self-driven individual who takes ownership of their work.
- Experience managing code and data related to analytics projects.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to work on a small team.
- Understanding of biased data and adjustment methods including weighting and resampling.
- Proficiency with analytic queries in SQL and relational databases (we use Snowflake and MySQL). Experience working with databases from R or Python.
- Experience with development and test pipelines, continuous integration.
- Understanding of marketing analyses, particularly MMM, MTA, and digital marketing analytics.
- Experience modeling and testing sales lift, running controlled experiments, modeling marketing effectiveness.
- Experience implementing or auditing policy compliance in data pipelines and workflows.
- Supportive, collaborative team and work that has immediate, clear impacts
- Early-stage equity and competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO along with trust and support to use it
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- (paused during COVID) Movie tickets, fitness discounts, commuter subsidies, meals and snacks