EBANX is a global fintech company that emerged in 2012 with the mission of connecting companies to Latin America, facilitating payments on multiple international sites such as Uber, Airbnb, Shopee, and Spotify. As we grew, our portfolio also expanded, and we went beyond payment methods. Today, we offer local processing solutions for Brazilian companies and different products and services for our final consumers.
From the beginning of our journey, we have an important mission: to give access. And this is not just about our products and services, but it goes through everything we are and do. We believe that it is possible to give access without distinction of race, color, religion, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry or age. Plurality is what makes our Big Dream possible.
We are called ebankers, and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally. Do you want to join our Big Dream and be part of this team?
As an Engineering Senior Manager on the Payment Processing team, you will be part of EBANX's core technical team. Our group owns the entire cross-border and local payment processing platforms (https://business.ebanx.com/en/resources/payments-explained/payment-processing).
The payment platform is the flagship product of EBANX. Our team is responsible for its development, expansion, and evolution, alongside balancing the requirements and projects for other vital areas such as Product, Commercial, and Operations.
What you will do:
- You will be required to promote an engineering culture that cherishes high quality and flexible code to foster a culture of excellence;
- Think about our strategy and anticipate future needs, making room for scalability and promoting sustainable growth;
- Help to attract and hire new engineering talent, promoting their continued development;
- Actively promote the development of our technical leadership pipeline, combining technical skill with managerial expertise;
- Act as the spokesperson for EBANX with our international customers and partners;
- Sponsor the development and evolution of internal tools and practices to achieve all above;
What is indispensable for the job?
- Proven experience of at least 10 years designing, implementing, and deploying software solutions to production, including at least 2 years of experience as a leader of leaders;
- Experience in multicultural environments - we have Engineers from 4 different nationalities across 6 different time zones;
- Vision for software quality, the evolution of systems, decomposition of problems and abstractions;
- Ability to learn new practices, technologies, programming languages and absorbing engineering culture;
- Knowledge in subjects such as data structures, concurrency, persistence, and distributed systems;
- Fluent English, we have customers from all around the world and it is commonplace for us to speak and write English when helping, supporting, and writing specifications with them;
What would we love to see?
- Software development expertise in any complementary area to our core business, such as data warehouses, specialized development platforms, infrastructure automation, services provisioning, real-time systems, fault-tolerant systems, and mission-critical systems;
- Experience with deploying to and monitoring a cloud infrastructure especially AWS;
- Experience with computer networks, latency, package loss, routing optimization, monitoring, and problem-solving;
- Full knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Test-driven development;
- Expertise in at least one functional or logic programming language -- besides SQL ;)
- Comfortable with challenges of concurrency problems and has already worked in distributed and asynchronous systems;
- Knowledge of data replication and conciliation;
What are we going to offer so you can do an amazing job?
- Sustainable work pace: 40 solid hours a week of an accelerated but not frenetic rhythm - almost no marathons or sleepless nights; The focus is on working smarter.
- Company provided toolset so you can be productive in your work; (Macbook, Jetbrains licenses, Slack, Github, TravisCI, NewRelic, DataDog, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Tableau amongst others)
- Code reviews for any of your pull requests - You will also do a lot of them :)
- Constant discussions about our practices and systems, everybody that wants to speak out will be heard and we are open to new ideas, practices, and tools;
- You will be free to dedicate part of your time to improve our systems and implement quality features that make us more efficient or less error-prone;
- Bi-annual performance evaluations;
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to grow;
- Casual office and dress code;
- Spanish, English, and Portuguese classes;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi-flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance;
- Transportation voucher (if needed);
- EBANX Education: scholarship;
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses;
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance, and legal orientation.
- Health and Dental Insurance;
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics stores, and more!
Follow us on Instagram and look for the hashtag #ebanxlife to learn more about EBANX's culture.