As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real-time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We are looking for experienced, passionate and resourceful senior level backend engineers to join our data org. As a senior backend engineer you will work cross functionally with various teams and contribute to the design and development of our core services. This position will start as a 3 month contract with potential for extension or conversion. Our salary ranges are based on level, location and experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the design & implementation of new features - break down complex problems into their bare essentials, translate this complexity into elegant design, and create high-quality, clean code.
- Make a meaningful impact in the lives of our community members.
- Design, develop and deliver large-scale data systems, data processing, and data transformation projects.
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design, and architecture reviews.
- Contribute to defining technical direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Estimate and manage team project timelines and risks.
- Care passionately about producing high-quality, efficient designs and code.
- Constantly learning about new technologies and industry standards in software engineering.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of development experience in backend software development
- Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Software development experience in Kotlin, Java or Scala
- Experience with at least one major framework like Spring, Spring Boot
- Hands on experience working in cloud environments: AWS, GCP or Azure
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Hands-on experience working with various databases (DynamoDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in building large scale applications
- Familiarity with clean architecture approach and software craftsmanship
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
At EarnIn, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. EarnIn does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. EarnIn is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.