As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
The leader in this role will have the unique opportunity to take a mission-driven, fast-growing fintech startup, and change its culture, process, and operations so it becomes known for its customer care. They will run our customer care team (100s of agents, local back office team) and engage with the entire organization to create and deliver a delightful experience where customers are at the core of everything we do. You will help cultivate a customer-centric culture where employees feel connected to the customer and understand their role in caring for them. This effort will be done hand in hand with our product team, as our intent is to design an integrated product and care experience that truly delights customers. You will guide leaders in their role as champions of customer care as a positive change agent inside the company. You will be a critical leader driving operational excellence and change across the business, not just the customer care function, and deliver higher quality outcomes more consistently for our customers with greater efficiency and scalability.
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $320,000 - $400,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement a Customer Care and Product strategy that effectively addresses customer needs and drives customer advocacy
- Modify and rebuild our Customer Care organization to deliver on your strategy. Establish the culture and processes that empower our front line agents to solve customer issues.
- Create a deep connectivity between product and customer care and facilitate effective customer-focused problem solving
- Establish company-wide metrics for defining the greatest value to our customers. Structure your teams to deliver against these metrics.
- Bring the Voice of the Customer to life to every employee in the company. Build company wide partnerships that drive accountability to our customers.
- Drive automation, efficiency and scalability to improve access to and quality of support across our customer base
What We're Looking For:
- Extreme passion for customers
- Proven experience (10+ years) in building and managing large teams, including establishing operational processes that allow for scale through autonomy.
- In-house and out-sourced customer service operations experience; quality and training, escalations, workforce management, technical product issue resolution
- Deep domain expertise owning the design and creation of an excellent customer experience
- Technical or Product background is highly desired. Ideally a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, and some experience in software product development
- MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, listen to others’ ideas, and collaborate
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Long-term strategic thinker who is willing to take risks on behalf of the customer
- Tenacity and optimism. We need a leader that will not give up when facing unexpected challenges.