Founded more than 15 years ago and headquartered in Chicago, the DV Group of financial services firms has grown to more than 350 people operating throughout North America and in Europe. Since spinning out of a large brokerage firm in 2016, DV Trading has rapidly scaled as an independent proprietary trading firm utilizing its own capital, trading strategies, and risk management methodologies to provide liquidity to worldwide financial markets and hedging opportunities to commodity producers and users. Now, DV group affiliates include two broker dealers, a cryptocurrency market making firm, and a bourgeoning investment adviser.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide expertise in all areas of network design, maintenance, and troubleshooting. This is a hands-on technical lead position responsible for all aspects of design, configuration, and operation of the global network. You will be responsible for planning network changes, device configuration, and troubleshooting of network issues, and will work closely with our Systems, Operations, and Trading teams to build, manage, and monitor our network infrastructure. You will have the freedom to analyze and solve problems, and your solutions will have an immediate impact on our trading operations worldwide.
- Perform large scale network planning, maintenance, and support
- Design, engineer, and implement network solutions and infrastructure projects based on requirements from business stakeholders
- Manage a global network infrastructure, providing proactive maintenance to ensure maximum network performance and availability
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet the organization's needs and manage the deployment of new equipment and systems
- Own and manage strategic projects to implement and optimize low latency, high-performance network solutions at and between various data center locations
- Work with financial exchanges, brokers, and banks to implement network connectivity in shared colocation facilities
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure safe, effective, and efficient changes to the network infrastructure
- Periodically visit London-area data centers, and occasional overnight travel required.
- 5+ years of network engineering focused experience and 2+ years financial industry experience
- CCIE certification or equivalent experience
- Ability to create and maintain clear and effective technical documentation
- Experience with firewalls and their advanced features
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on wide variety of networking issues, including common Ethernet LAN problems, office Wi-Fi, routing, switching, and VPN remote access
- In-depth understanding of common layer 2 and layer 3 network protocols and best practices; excellent working knowledge of OSPF, BGP, PIM, IGMP
- Experience with packet decoding and analysis tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark
- Experience with Unix/Linux command line and networking stack
- Experience working directly with end users to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Ability to troubleshoot network latency and packet drop issues; strong knowledge of network diagnostic methods
- Experience with Cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Solid knowledge of multicast and real-time exchange market data feeds
- Hands-on experience with network monitoring, diagnostic and analytics tools
- Experience with physical planning, implementing, and supporting space, power, and structured cabling within a data center environment
DV is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with DV should submit resumes in response to DV’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to DV via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of DV, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DV. DV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.