**Chicago based role, hybrid.
Founded more than 15 years ago and headquartered in Chicago, the DV Group of financial services firms has grown to more than 350 people operating throughout North America and in Europe. Since spinning out of a large brokerage firm in 2016, DV Trading has rapidly scaled as an independent proprietary trading firm utilizing its own capital, trading strategies, and risk management methodologies to provide liquidity to worldwide financial markets and hedging opportunities to commodity producers and users. Now, DV group affiliates include two broker dealers, a cryptocurrency market making firm, and a bourgeoning investment adviser.
DV Trading is looking for a Market Risk Analyst who will oversee daily risk monitoring, reporting, and market analysis of our trading portfolios. In addition, they will help build and support more robust automation around our risk processes, reporting, and frameworks.
- Monitor the firm’s trading activities and identify potential scenarios and positions that pose threats to the firm and individual trading groups.
- Review the firm’s and individual trading group’s daily margin requirements and resolve any issues related to the exchange requirements.
- Maintain and monitor the firm’s proprietary risk models.
- Generate firm overview reports such as VAR, stress testing, intraday PnL, and various trading strategies, and flag any issues that are standing out.
- Liaison between the clearing firms and traders on notices sent from the clearing firms, including option assignments, buy-in notices, and expiration notices.
- Work collaboratively with the back office and operations to build upon and develop automated reporting and optimized risk processes/frameworks.
- 3+ years of risk and/or derivatives experience with various financial products like futures and options, ideally within buy-side.
- Experience understanding and monitoring exchange margin requirements and calculations.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organization skills.
- Experience with Excel, Python, and/or VBA.
- Strong interest in the financial markets.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team - should demonstrate curiosity, initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to learn quickly.
DV is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with DV should submit resumes in response to DV’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to DV via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of DV, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DV. DV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.