Founded more than 15 years ago and headquartered in Chicago, the DV Group of financial services firms has grown to more than 350 people operating throughout North America and in Europe. Since spinning out of a large brokerage firm in 2016, DV Trading has rapidly scaled as an independent proprietary trading firm utilizing its own capital, trading strategies, and risk management methodologies to provide liquidity to worldwide financial markets and hedging opportunities to commodity producers and users. Now, DV group affiliates include two broker dealers, a cryptocurrency market making firm, and a bourgeoning investment adviser.
DV Energy is a rapidly growing division that specializes in trading crude oil, refined products, natural gas, and related energy markets across US, Europe, and Asia. Our proprietary risk management and trading methodologies along with a strong ability to adapt to changing conditions has allowed DV Energy to grow into one of the largest financial participants within the global energy complex.
Our team is looking to hire a Trading Operations Analyst to support the logistics, mechanics and overall front-office workflows that are the foundation of our trading activity within DV Energy. You'll partner closely with our Head Trader and Head of Business Operations to manage and refine our day-to-day processes to enhance the robustness of the team's operational well-being and efficiency.
- Report to Global Head of DV Energy and Head of Business and Operations.
- Develop a strong understanding of day-to-day operational processes such as risk and PnL reporting, settlements, and overall intraday monitoring.
- Build and develop trading and clearing firm relationships, while collaborating closely with our trading teams to understand new business opportunities and products.
- Perform crucial and stimulating data analysis to create and monitor operational trading workflows/reports, while helping to document and refine processes, tools, and new systems.
- Integrate new models/systems into existing infrastructure.
- Evaluate new business opportunities and feasibility of entering new markets.
- Create processes to streamline onboarding of new strategies and new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field
- 3-5 years in a data/operational focused position
- Self-starter with advanced aptitude for problem solving, multitasking, and creative thinking
- Strong technical proficiency in Excel; data transformation/manipulation, as well as financial modeling
- Detail oriented, organized, diligent
- Customer service oriented; strong communication skills and ability to liaison with various trading teams and external parties
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to learn quickly in a fast paced, high-pressured environment
- SQL, python, other programming a plus
Annual compensation range $85K - $120K + discretionary bonus eligibility
DV is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with DV should submit resumes in response to DV’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to DV via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of DV, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DV. DV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.