Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown Music Holdings is seeking a Contract Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. This person will have the ability to work across a variety of our Downtown owned brands managing full cycle recruitment in a variety of departments. The position will begin on 3-6 month contract. The ideal candidate is dedicated and passionate about finding and hiring top talent, while sharing our mission to create a more equitable music industry.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact in the music industry, we encourage you to apply.
This is a six month contract position ideally based in New York, but we are open to remote candidates as well.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the full life-cycle recruitment process for multiple corporate and/or technical positions including sourcing prospective candidates, screening and interviewing candidates
- Leverage tools to heavily source candidates (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Boolean search, etc.)
- Develop strong hiring manager partnerships and empower them to make informed hiring decisions
- Execute an effective interview and sourcing strategy, with an eye toward diversifying our talent pool and employee base.
- Iterate! We're a collaborative team, so if you see something that could be better, we want to know
You are / have:
- Prior internal or agency recruitment experience
- 2+ years or equivalent experience in full cycle recruiting and sourcing (a plus for tech or music)
- Are great at building relationships with both candidates and stakeholders
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high growth company and feel comfortable with ambiguity
- Value diversity and believe strongly in creating inclusive environment
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to prioritize, and excellent organizational skills
- An exceptional researcher - you love to dig in and find hard to find information (& people)!
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Beyond detail-oriented and organized; you have the ability to manage competing priorities
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.