- For many companies, the journey to cloud transformation can be more like a tangled web of complexity. DoiT International is a global organization that helps teams successfully evaluate, test, migrate, and optimize on the public cloud.
- As Google Cloud’s top partner and a strategic partner of Amazon Web Services, our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers.
- Beyond just a helping hand, we’re building a suite of products to help our customers to optimize every facet of their cloud deployments. As a testament to our deep engineering expertise, over 1,000 tech-savvy companies such as Outbrain, JFrog, and Redislabs trust DoiT International’s Cloud Management Platform as their co-pilot in the cloud.
- Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a game-changer in the industry that helps developers at tech-savvy companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members.
Target Locations: Anywhere within EMEA, preferably in the UK. We’ve created a remote first culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
About You: As a Cloud Engineer, you will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide technical solutions to our customers’ revenue-critical systems running on Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be working with our most strategic GCP and AWS customers. Together, you will consult, mentor, and coach our customers in their journey to develop resilient, high-performing and cost-efficient software stacks; spearhead application modernization through technologies like containerization; and transform their cloud operations through philosophies like “infrastructure as a code”.
About Us: Our Cloud Engineering team helps customers to transform and evolve their business through the use of hyperscalers’ network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes. We only hire experienced engineers who are keen to build a career with DoiT, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
Want to learn more?
- Check out this blog to learn more about a day in the life of a Cloud Architect @ DoiT
- Check out our live stats page to learn more about the technologies used by the team every day to support our customers
- Learn more about some real world examples of the types of issues we solve and open sourced tools the team has developed along the way
- Leverage your extensive hands-on technical and customer support experience to be the trusted technical advisor to our customers, solving critical, highly complex problems and challenges that may span multiple cloud services and vendors.
- Work together with our customers on the solutions and communicate effectively through a variety of contact channels, which include our ticketing system, email, Slack and video calls.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Azure teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Cloud Engineers may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues, write tools/scripts to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting internet-scale, production-grade distributed systems in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
- Deep experience with container technologies, e.g. Kubernetes
- Strong background in operations/systems administration, DevOps practices, configurations and deployment of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience resolving system level and software issues, for web application solutions (such as Nginx, Apache, Mysql)
- Experience with cloud-specific configuration best practices (including IAM, VPC, VPN and networking, service-specific configurations and deployment CI/CD pipelines).
- Experience with networking, e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, SDN and VPN
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux operating systems administration and internals such as filesystems, inodes, system calls, cgroups
- Some experience in writing software in one or more languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or Rust or any type of scripting
- Ability to debug and optimize script and automate routine tasks
- Great English verbal and written communication skills and former experience in customer facing roles
What it is and what it is not:
- 100% cloud with multi-cloud exposure - GCP, AWS and Azure
- Work exclusively with SMB digital-native customers (= lots of innovation, rapid pace)
- Not a junior role or traditional tier 1 support! We only hire experienced engineers and you will work on fixing complex issues that are unique to our customers)
- Get exposure to the most innovative technologies
- Work closely with leading engineers and some of the best architects around the world
- This is not a pre-sales role
- No on-site work is required, 100% remote - work from where you work best
- As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with our staff located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role
- 30% of our engineering time is dedicated to learning. It’s practically a part of the job!
- Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organisation to help you meet your career goals
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- Professional Development, including certifications
- 401k matching / Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Uncapped PTO
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working options
- Home Office Allowance
- Work-life balance