Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Software Engineer - Candidate Search you'll focus on performance, DevOps, and the ELK stack on our Talent Search team. You'll be responsible for implementing and maintaining the core talent search, match services and related user interfaces utilized by all DHI brands. We work in a hybrid stack including C# and Python with heavy use of ElasticSearch and the ELK stack.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing our understanding of a user's search journey as a conversation
- Analyzing and modeling the complex search interactions of our users
- Performing relevance tuning operations generally and specifically:
- Developing search relevance tests and conduct user search query analysis
- Performing signal modeling to optimize ranking function
- Performing query matching analysis to debug issues with query parsing or matching strategies
- Contributing to the design and configuration of Elasticsearch instance(s), indices and strategies to efficiently store data, optimizing both performance and the need for growth
- Designing, implementing, and configuring Kibana visualizations to understand our user's interactions and suggest optimizations
- Participating in code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Helping set the engineering direction of the product
- Working with Product Development to understand and solve business needs
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of search architectures, information retrieval concepts and learning to rank concepts
- Industry experience optimizing search ranking and relevance functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- You take pride in being a true craftsman and have a passion for technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field or relevant experience
- 3+ year of industry experience optimizing search ranking and relevance functions
- 3+ years of experience with the Elastic Stack components, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana. Including setup, configuration, and relevance tuning.
Base salary/pay of $72,000 – $140,400 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.