We are seeking an earned media superstar to serve as an Account Supervisor in our consumer lifestyle practice. This person will serve as a team leader and primary day-to-day client contact. The ideal candidate will bring a journalistic mindset, deep media relationships, and account management expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Lead media relations efforts to drive quality editorial coverage in national consumer, lifestyle, business and news outlets, including those with diverse, multicultural audiences
- Oversee planning and execution of media-facing activations, including deliveries, events, partnerships, etc.
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans as well as program or initiative-specific PR recommendations
- Account for quality control of all plans, memos, reports, and client- and media-facing materials
- Serve as key client contact, providing day-to-day updates and counsel on media relations-related matters
- Train, mentor and manage junior staff on media relations, events and general program execution, serving as a role model to other team members
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings – provide ongoing communications and feedback
- Successfully contribute to the growth of existing accounts
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
What you'll have:
5 - 6 years related professional experience
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously progress multiple initiatives, both independently and via the oversight of junior team members
- Attention to detail and work quality
- Demonstration of a results-oriented mindset
- Ability to problem-solve and pivot plans as required in real-time
- Ability to anticipate client and team needs
- Can mobilize and motivate team
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicts
- Aptitude for financial management
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Desire to pursue learning and self-development; participates in required and voluntary professional development programs.
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.