We are DeVries Global, an integrated communications agency headquartered in New York. Though we bring expertise across numerous platforms and disciplines, we aren't your traditional shop. Stripping away the tired definitions of "PR" or "advertising," we marry a data-informed, insight-driven approach with proven public relations and social media know how. We are imaginative, passionate and decisive.
We recognize that when curiosity drives, creativity thrives. What's more, we've ditched the standard agency protocols, hierarchies and billing structures in favor of living in our clients' worlds, so that we can bring them blue-sky thinking and big-time results. We are part of Interpublic Group of Companies with offices in New York and Los Angeles, and a global footprint across Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a Director to lead our Business Intelligence function. The Director will advance the impact of analytics across DeVries Global as a strategic partner to our clients and they will contribute to a culture of increased data literacy and data-driven decision making.
This role will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal teams, external vendors and our clients to conduct discovery conversations and more importantly to determine the impact of our work with clients – all the way through business outcomes where available. They will continuously innovate and improve the ways we report and measure results for our clients to better understand key insights that answer critical business questions and they will be able to communicate results quantitatively, contextually and with a “storytelling” mindset to various levels stakeholders and leadership.
Most importantly, he/she will act as a trusted advisor to clients (both internal and external) with an eye toward business solutions. They should be well-versed in the role of PR/communications and have an understanding of how our work connects to the bottom-line of our clients.
- Use, train, and evangelize best in class tools and capabilities to support data and insight needs across the agency
- Lead monthly reporting strategy and measurement activities for a variety of existing clients
- Oversee and grow junior analytics team, including resource management
- Consistently take on and assist in new business data analysis projects to support growth
- Collaborate with clients to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and analyze and interpret data to provide insights
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders (internal & external), this includes guiding the analytics discovery process and leading the results interpretation
- Translate complex and sometimes ambiguous specifications into relevant analytics insights with a high degree of data integrity and reporting agility
- Support analytics leadership team members in the creation of an integrated analytics program leveraging consistent methodologies and deliverables
- Serve both short-term, quick-insights requests as well as longer-term, deeply analytical research needs for constant innovation
- Train and guide non-analytics staff as a part of a larger data literacy program
- Provide recommendations on analytics tools and capabilities essential to successfully fulfil client needs
Education, Training, And Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, public relations or an analytics related field preferred
- 7-8 years of experience in analytics, reporting or measurement projects required
- 4+ years of recent experience in marketing, social media or public relations agency strongly preferred
- Advanced level of expertise with business intelligence tools, including Tableau, Google Data Studio, R, SQL, SAS, Excel required
- Familiarity and expertise with public relations and social media data providers and tools such as, MuckRack, Meltwater, Newswhip, Brandwatch, Helixa, Traackr, BuzzSumo, Quid, Similar Web required
- Ability to frame and engagingly communicate the data and insights from an analysis for a business centric and public relations focused audience
- Expertise in analytics, statistics, data visualization, programming or data science
- Experience executing social listening, influencer mapping and earned media intelligence analyses
- Exemplifies a high degree of attention to detail and data quality/precision
- Ability to thrive and perform insights in a fast-paced reporting climate and consistently hit client deadlines
- Experience with consumer marketing data
- Eager learner, collaborative partner and easy, candid and empathetic communicator
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.