Are you entrepreneurial, but want to work in a team environment? A creative thinker with social media chops? Do you have the commitment to drive your ideas through program execution? If so, you might be the ideal fit for our team.
DeVries Global, an Interpublic Company, seeks a New-York based digital strategist to work on business-to-business (B2B) division of one of the world’s largest mobile technology brands, managing social media channels and launching major products.
This is a dream job for someone who is a self-starter and a sharp writer - someone who lives and breathes the internet. This is a role with tremendous growth potential, daily client contact and the freedom to think big. Real big.
Our strategist has four critical jobs – set strategy using insights, ensure strategy shows up in creative content, set deployment strategy for that content and work with the team to execute the strategic vision across day-to-day deliverables. Strategists are both the inspirer and gatekeeper of excellence in content. They will foster cross learning and knowledge sharing with other strategists on the NY Creative Intelligence team and across the network, so we are growing our capability as a collective.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve as a part of a client relationship team addressing the varied and changing needs of clients
- Generate breakthrough, out-of-the box thinking and strive for more innovative solutions
- Work closely with your colleagues to develop and execute impactful social media campaigns and results
- Consistently analyze happenings in the client’s category – among competitors as well as client’s brand and business – to inform strategy development
- Stay informed of online conversations and identify engagement opportunities for client
- Manage online communities and engage directly with online audiences
- Execute social media programs on site at client events and tradeshows
- Contribute to brainstorming big ideas
- Craft briefs to include target market analysis, personas, customer journeys, insights and key messaging/creative asset recommendations
- Assist in development and review of organic and paid content across all social media channels
- Aid in influencer identification and strategic program development for organic and paid influencers
- Be a part of an integrated team across multiple offices
- Mentor junior colleagues
- Maintain an understanding of innovation in the social space to ensure the agency is leveraging the most innovative and up-to-date approaches for current and prospective clients
- 3-5 years of working experience, using social media, acting as a community manager and writing copy to solve brand/business challenges
- An insatiable hunger for and understanding of social media
- Flawless spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- Collaborative, solutions-focused team player able to work under tight timelines and pressure
- Commitment to excellence – ability to manage time, work efficiently and effectively while juggling multiple projects with teams across offices and departments
- Proficiency in MS Office and social media management tools (e.g. Sysomos, Sprinklr, Spredfast, TweetDeck, etc.)
- The desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Interest in the technology business and consumer electronics is a plus
DeVries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DeVries recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.