Senior Manager, College Access & Success
The mission of Democracy Prep Public Schools is to ensure that our scholars receive the most rigorous education to, through, and beyond college. Core to achieving this mission is maintaining a strong relationship between DPPS and its alumni to support them as they Work Hard, Go to College, and Change the World.
This role is pivotal to our goals of increasing college success though alumni outreach and support and encouraging professional development and networking amongst alumni. This will ultimately be achieved by engaging alumni through events, advising, and outreach; building partnerships; facilitating alumni leadership development; and fostering lifelong connections between Democracy Prep’s alumni and the network. Additionally, this role will work in tandem with the Director(s) of College Counseling & Vice President of College Success to support current DPPS students & counseling offices.
Who You Are:
- An experienced college access and college success advisor with a focus on underserved populations. Prior experience in social work preferred, but not required.
- An educator with a deep commitment to the mission of Democracy Prep and to working with all stakeholders, including scholars, alumni, families, and other Democracy Prep staff for success in this mission.
- A self-reflective and self-aware teammate who is dedicated to aligning their work to Democracy Prep's commitment to antiracism and who is eager to use these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- An organized project manager who takes the initiative to independently handle multiple tasks with precision in a timely manner.
- A collaborative teammate with strong written and verbal communication skills who is willing and ready to advocate on behalf of their work for scholars and alumni.
- A flexible decision-maker who is resourceful in pushing work forward in the absence of a clear answer and who has the ability to work independently as well as take direction.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the liaison between Democracy Prep Public Schools and our alumni in order to drive high college enrollment, persistence, and graduation rates.
- Oversee our alumni captain program, a peer-to-peer support program where alumni leaders communicate with a group of their peers throughout their college journey. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recruiting and selecting alumni for the program, setting and managing expectations and deadlines for alumni captains, and developing and executing ongoing training and support programs.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of College Success to plan and execute strategies for alumni outreach throughout the year. Perform targeted alumni outreach as needed throughout the year.
- Collect and analyze alumni data (survey data, coaching notes, Dashboard) to assess and inform practice at the high school and alumni support levels.
- Draft periodic reports for DPPS stakeholders detailing DPPS alumni outreach, alumni status, trends and analysis.
- Manage the DPPS Alumni Microgrant Program and coordinate periodic communication to college counseling teams about upcoming scholarship opportunities.
- Under the direction of the Director(s) of College Counseling, support school-based college counselors, including assisting with the development and facilitation of professional development sessions.
- Manage a small caseload of DPPS high school seniors through the college admissions process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with college admission offices and leverage those relationships to gain insight into college admissions processes.
- Develop strategic working relationships with high school principals, the superintendent's office and CMO leadership and staff to ensure successful cross-team collaboration on alumni support and college access initiatives.
Salary range is $65,000 - $75,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.