At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and we are now seeking an Associate Real Estate Project Executive to join our Workplace Innovations and Experience team.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and driven individual who wants to be part of an outstanding team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the brightest minds which takes skill, passion and an exceptional attention to detail. This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
This is an exciting role for someone with previous project management / project leadership experience. They will take responsibility for delivering a large portfolio of small-medium, high impact, works across our London campus. No project is too big or small, you apply the same passion and determination to get things done, regardless of scale. Responsible for project delivery, you will also lead and run the whole programme of works giving you the opportunity to really own all aspects of the portfolio. You will demonstrate an ability to deliver best-in-class, value driven workplace solutions which can support DeepMind's thoughtful culture by building environments that allow DeepMinders to do their best work.
A critical thinker, you are part of a team with a broad range of responsibilities including lease administration, real estate transaction management, the design and delivery of an expanding office portfolio and planning the facility management. You help manage the spatial requirements for a workforce that is growing at speed to ensure that the job is not only done to DeepMind's high and industry-setting standards, but also in a way that promises long-term sustainability and care for our world's resources. The role will allow the successful candidate exposure to all parts of DeepMind, as we create an array of different environments that support the wide range of work we carry out.
You are an exceptional communicator and partner well with stakeholders across the organisation, ensuring they are continuously well informed and kept up to date with project progress. You are able to break down and describe complex ideas to a range of audiences and facilitate clarity where ambiguity exists, helping to create focus so next steps can be established.
You are a problem solver who collaborates effectively to identify the best solution. To reach the best outcomes for DeepMind, you constructively challenge and motivate those around you.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the design, schedule, budget, construction and handover throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage tenant improvement projects and ensure DeepMind’s design objectives are maintained and exemplified in the workspace.
- Negotiate design, engineering and contractor fees on each project; develop and maintain optimal relationships with external consultants and vendors through rigorous Request for Proposal processes.
- Draft / contribute to construction and consultant contracts.
- Lead the procurement activities for project related services ensuring value for money is achieved.
- You have previous work experience gained in a high growth, fast-paced business ideally within the tech sector, but this is not a requirement
- Your experience lies within planning, design development and project management of corporate property assets, including direct corporate design/construction.
- You are detail oriented and are able to produce and deliver executive presentations and project status reports.
- You have the ability to think "out of the box" and bring creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions to the table.
We look forward to receiving your application!