About the Role:
DataGrail is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to help us take our privacy solutions to market. You will help us define our customer personas, craft positioning and messaging, and drive the launch and continued success of our products.
This is a highly cross-functional role, partnering across Product, Sales, Customer Experience, Operations, and Marketing. You will be responsible for gathering and sharing insights that help shape product features and positioning, driving launch and go-to-market strategy/execution, and helping to drive customer adoption and engagement post-launch in partnership with our customer experience team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced startup and bring exciting new products to market. We need you to help us talk about our products the right way, land them with our target customers, and refine our roadmap for the future. If you have experience launching SaaS products at a startup and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Lead ongoing market research and competitor analysis
- Extract insights to inform our positioning and product roadmap
- Regularly and proactively collect, synthesize, and share actionable insights about our customers and products with the broader company
- Use data to define customer personas, develop messaging, and create go-to-market strategies
- Partner with Product to plan and promote key feature launches
- Lead the creation of internal and external messaging along with training, FAQs, etc.
- Support sales by developing collateral that educates customers on our platform
- Collaborate with the broader marketing team to create compelling, customer-focused content that drives brand awareness and generates leads
- Measure and report on the impact of our product marketing activities
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- Breadth and depth of marketing experience
- Experience in a product marketing role, preferably at a SaaS company
- Skilled at defining and iterating on positioning
- Experience in market research, including quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience launching new products and creating releases and go-to-market plans
- Experience working as part of cross-functional teams involving sales, product, and marketing
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills
- Creative and conceptual thinker matched with strong execution and organizational skills
- Flexible and willing to adjust in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Bonus Points: Strong understanding of the influencer marketing industry
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Win as a Team, Empathy Always, Love our Customers, Iterate & Evolve, Seek New Perspectives, and Lead with Why.
Benefits & Perks:
- Solid compensation package + equity
- Comprehensive benefits - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- We’ve got you covered with our 401(k) plan
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Grow with us - opportunities for upward mobility
- Annual stipend for continued career development for all DataGrail team members
- Monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program in select locations
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.