About Daily Harvest
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet. How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined, and sustainably sourced fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics to join the Analytics group within our Strategy + Insights team. The Strategy + Insights team plays a pivotal role in driving Daily Harvest's growth and long-term success. The team leads the development and execution of the company's overall strategic direction, working closely with cross-functional teams to identify and capitalize on market opportunities, drive innovation, and optimize operational efficiency. Your deep understanding of consumer insights and industry trends will inform strategic decision-making, ensuring Daily Harvest remains at the forefront of the industry.
You will, individually and as the leader of a team, develop an intimate understanding of how our data is structured, discover meaningful insights and inform critical decision-making across the organization including new channels, culinary, digital product, marketing and operations. You will enjoy an intellectual challenge, a high caliber peer group, and project variety often associated with management consulting, as well as the opportunity to see the implementation of your analysis. You will be a valued thought partner, helping the team define the best metrics to measure success and to devise and evaluate experiments that will meaningfully drive growth as we create the next great consumer brand in food. This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the DH C-suite, Culinary, New Channels, Operations, Marketing, Product, Finance, Engineering, and other teams to understand and prioritize questions and problems, then analyze data and run experiments to find solutions and make actionable recommendations
- Manage, develop, and mentor a highly-skilled team of four analysts, ensuring they are supported in delivering high quality, impactful work while challenging them to grow
- Perform strategic quantitative analyses to evaluate expansion into new channels, digital product and culinary launches, supply chain optimization initiatives, A/B tests and new opportunities to estimate expected impact/ROI and advise senior management on key strategic decisions
- Take responsibility for projects from conception to completion, with guidance from Strategy + Insights Leadership and strong collaboration with cross functional stakeholders
- Monitor business performance and market trends and present this information to other stakeholders in live Looker dashboards and other presentations and reports to influence company strategy
- Develop insights and recommendations and present to senior business partners including members of the Daily Harvest Leadership Team
- Utilize proprietary data and other sources to better understand our customers, their preferences and their purchasing decisions
- Advance the analytics team practices, processes, and documentation and build upon tools and infrastructure in partnership with data engineering and data science groups.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of directly applicable experience in an analytical role in management consulting, strategy, high-growth start-up, or related business; E-commerce experience (especially within a subscription company) is a plus
- Evidence of analytical skills, problem solving, business acumen and strong logical thinking
- Experience with analyzing large datasets, such as transactional data or customer data for actionable business insights
- Strong SQL skills are a must. Experience with other technical tools such as R, Python, and visualization softwares such as Looker is a plus
- Strong understanding of experimentation and experience in designing, monitoring and analyzing rigorous A/B tests
- Experience with managing, developing and mentoring teams
- Strong presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated analyses to non-technical employees
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving hyper growth environment
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $167,500 - $192,500. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.