About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, enable smarter business decisions, and drive innovations company-wide. Your team will provide accurate, actionable analysis, build sophisticated data products, and develop machine learning models that strengthen our competitive advantage.
In this role, you’ll work with a modern data stack including GCP / Bigquery, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow and Segment. You’ll analyze tough problems, build models that enable high-quality decision making, and ship products that enable a personalized, frictionless customer experience. This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders across the business to understand our strategy and desired customer experience, then deliver high-impact data products that bring our strategy to life
- Work directly with our culinary innovation team to translate ambiguous business problems into a structured data science solution, build models and data visualization tools that leverage our rich dataset (customer preferences, order behavior, feedback and engagement data) to inform our assortment roadmap
- Provide insights to help culinary innovation team understand impact of new products and categories on the business, customer behaviors, and long-term trends
- Collaborate with user research and analytics teams to understand the why behind the what
- Write production-level code to turn machine learning models into working production pipelines
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical cross-functional partners
- Ship data products to production by working closely with ML engineers and data engineers
Who you are:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related quantitative discipline -- PhD a plus
- Strong Python and SQL background and familiarity with ML frameworks (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Extensive statistical experience, including model development and evaluation, experimentation and inference (specific areas of highly relevant experience include forecasting, causal inference, operations research and optimization)
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices and tools including object oriented programming, test-driven development, CI/CD, git, shell scripting, task orchestration and preferably GCP tooling (BigQuery, Kubeflow, GKE, etc.)
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
- Excellent communication skills, including data visualization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Passion for research and curiosity that calls you to go beyond “good enough” to create something innovative and exciting
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company is a plus
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.