About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Copywriter who can bring compelling, on-brand copy to life across our platforms. The Daily Harvest Creative team develops innovative creative for every part of the business. Daily Harvest is proudly agency-free—meaning, the in-house creative team juggles every single project the company executes (think: web, print, packaging, installations, app, social, campaigns, and then some). We're a group of dynamic virtuosos with a knack for creating the inspiring and the eye-catching. We take ideas and transform them into concepts that stick.
We are looking for a rockstar candidate who is passionate about crafting authentic, clear and engaging copy that helps our customers better understand our brand and our mission. This role is ideal for someone who cares about what brands stand for, and who understands and is excited about being at the forefront of the conversation with our customers. The Copywriter will support the in-house copywriting and creative team, which includes social, digital, and out-of-home copy needs.
This role is a critical part of our team and this person would work closely with our Director, Editorial in evolving our brand voice and creating copy that delivers strategically for both digital and physical channels. You should have a high taste level, be able to work quickly and efficiently and excel in creating unique, captivating work. This position will report into the Director, Editorial and will work in the New York Office.
What you’ll do:
- Name products and collections, and write product descriptions for website
- Partner with Life Cycle Marketing Team to create customer journeys at every stage of their interest in Daily Harvest. Examples include: new customer onboarding, trigger emails, second box journeys, and VIP customer program
- Write, edit and own compelling marketing emails, including subject lines, with the goal of maximizing open rate, click-through rate and conversion
- Generate SEO driven content to improve organic search and drive sessions
- Collaborate with culinary team to support product launches
- Align with the web team to support product activations and launch schedules
- Respond to requests for online copy changes as needed
- Continually identify ways to enhance the customer experience
- Research use of copy on competitive websites, consumer publications, books, magazines, and social media platforms
Who you are:
- 5+ years of culinary, journalism, media and/or e-commerce experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- Versatile, fast writer who pays attention to detail
- Thorough researcher; Avid interest in the food industry
- On-the-pulse sensibility for determining what makes a fresh angle
- Someone who is smart, funny, super organized, collaborative and enjoys wearing many hats
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Can stay completely on top of their workload and be communicative about their time management
- Adaptive to change and tight deadlines
- Self-starter and enthusiastic team player
- Experience writing with SEO best-practices in mind and across brand channels
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.