About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is seeking an Editorial Director who excels in inspirational storytelling, content strategy, and evolving a sharp and compelling brand voice. This role will oversee creative storytelling across the business, elevate and tighten the brand voice, manage the copy team, and work closely with creative leadership. You will concept and develop big creative ideas while also being able to edit, guide, and mentor. This role will also be the keeper of the voice, brand standards.
As part of the creative leadership team, you will work closely with creative managers and be a leader and mentor to folks on the creative team. This role will also work closely with marketing partners across the business to ensure strategic, cohesive storytelling at key touchpoints. This role will be highly collaborative and cross-functional with senior leadership - you will work closely with senior marketers, VPs, and the founder. This role will sit on the creative team and will report to the Creative Director, VP.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize and develop strong, consistent brand narratives that educate and inspire and create meaningful engagement with our customers
- Ideate innovative big picture creative direction when it comes to copy, voice, and storytelling
- Work closely with the Creative Director, VP to hone and elevate the brand voice
- Work closely with marketing partners to deploy content strategy for cohesive, consistent storytelling
- Oversee the copy team and have big picture eyes on copy, mentoring, and growing copywriters
- Work closely with creative managers to streamline creative processes while leading and inspiring the creative team
- Work closely with marketing functions that produce content, guiding strategy, voice and actively editing when needed.
- Be a creative leader who is breaking boundaries and leading with hard work and positive energy
Who you are:
- 10+ years of copywriting experience, with at least 5 years of creative management and leadership.
- A brilliant writer with strong creative ideation
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines. Experience in fast-paced startups is a plus
- Deep experience in creative strategy, content strategy, and creative ideation
- Experience overseeing copy and content direction for a wide range of channels including email, print, web, paid media, out-of-home, and video.
- An expert people manager who can grow, mentor, and inspire direct reports.
- An expert if working through murky projects, prioritizing projects, and constantly presenting and implementing process solutions
- A knack for working cross-functionally and collaboratively efficiently and with ease
- Must have a portfolio of strong creative work with successful campaigns
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.