Daily Harvest is seeking a compassionate and trustworthy People Operations Associate who will help facilitate the functions and programs of our People team. You will work closely with the rest of our People Operations team to set all employees up for a successful and meaningful experience here at Daily Harvest. You’ll play a key role in supporting new programs, processes, and services that improve our candidate and employee experience. The People Operations Associate should be creative, resourceful, and solution-focused. Someone who has exceptional attention to detail, confidentiality, and has a knack for engaging people
What you'll do:
- Own the onboarding process by providing orientation information packets, receiving all new hire paperwork, including I-9 validation for supporting documents, providing an overview of company's benefit programs and how to enroll, reviewing company policies, scheduling and delivering onboarding sessions for each department, and administering knowledge checks to ensure new team members retain key information.
- Work closely with the People Operations and Talent Acquisition teams to ensure all People functions are working seamlessly
- Work closely with the Office Manager on sustaining employee morale and implementing employee engagement initiatives
- Manage timesheets for our non-exempt employee population
- Administer payroll through Justworks
- Provide ad-hoc reporting & analytics to team members
- Administer company wide compliance programs
- Field tier 1 questions in regard to benefits, payroll, leave, etc. and escalate as appropriate
- Provide support on new People Ops initiatives as identified
- Adapt and implement People Ops processes to scale with us as we grow
- Keep the team up to date on industry and compliance best practices
- Serve as an internal stakeholder within company for Daily Harvest voice guidelines alongside
- Ad-hoc project work related to People Operations and Talent Acquisition
Who You Are:
- Passionate about People Operations
- Inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted to the customer
- Working knowledge of employee relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws with proven ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and tact
- Experience in Employer Branding methods
- 2+ years experience on a people operations team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment, is flexible in response to changing employee needs, and maintains professionalism and composure
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.