The R&D Quality Associate will be responsible for quality control, ingredient management and the execution, implementation, and communication of product improvements. This position will be the main point of contact for the Procurement and Quality teams and will ensure alignment on ingredient availability, quality, and usage across multiple projects.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure quality standards are being met across all collections by leading weekly finished product evaluations, recording findings and sharing out results monthly to the greater team
- Work with the team to resolve any quality concerns that arise during quality control sessions
- Work on current recipe adjustments to drive production efficiencies, flavor consistency, and quality improvements
- Effectively communicate with the Sourcing team to prioritize ingredient evaluations and conduct weekly ingredient tastings to onboard new ingredients
- Provide detailed sensory evaluations for ingredient development
- Manage communication of ingredient and recipe improvements with internal and external teams
- Manage the receipt of various shipments from production facilities and ingredient vendors
- Keep kitchen freezers and pantry organized and ensure inventory is replenished at HQ for development work
- Be the point of contact for ingredient requests
- Ensure our nutrition software is consistently updated with the most recent nutrition information and disseminate change information to appropriate parties
- Help to maintain a sparkling clean and well-organized test kitchen
Who you are:
- Minimum 2 years relevant add experience
- Culinary background preferred, or a strong interest
- Detail-oriented and incredibly organized
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Problem solver
- Enthusiasm to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once
- A passion for whole, real foods!
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, harvest bowls, overnight oats, lattes, bites and chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.