We are looking for a talented Packaging Engineer to join Daily Harvest’s Innovation team. Our new teammate will manage cross-functional initiatives to develop and deploy exciting new packaging solutions across our expanding product portfolio, and will also play a leading role in fine-tuning our existing portfolio to maximize our customer’s experience while minimizing total system cost/complexity. Demonstrated experience in commercialization project management is desired, as this position will require close collaboration across the entire organization.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Culinary, Creative, & Marketing functions to understand new product launch packaging requirements, drive organizational buy-in through the conceptualization of multiple concurrent solutions presented in gate reviews, and own implementation within our manufacturing network.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain team to build a comprehensive roster of nimble yet scalable packaging providers, and assist in strategic contract negotiation.
- Collaborate with manufacturing partners to ensure packaging meets regulatory, cost, and manufacturability success criteria.
- Engage with internal Supply Chain, Customer Care, and Data teams to identify high incidences of packaging failure, and develop/implement remediation plans accordingly.
- Develop and execute package failure test plans. If required, coordinate with 3rd-party testing labs to ensure new/existing packaging is optimized to limit suboptimal consumer experiences.
Who you are:
- Technically savvy packaging design enthusiast with a desire to bring beautiful, pragmatic designs to life.
- Motivated self-starter who is able to translate an undefined scope into a tangible action plan.
- Demonstrated cross-functional project management experience with an emphasis on solid communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to tailor communication across a wide range of audiences, including internal/external and junior/senior business partners.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Solidworks and willingness to become the company’s SME in packaging design software.
- Knowledge of CPG packaging supplier landscape preferred; experience in sustainable design a plus.
- 5+ years of engineering/design/implementation experience in the consumer packaged goods space.
- B.S. in packaging, engineering, or industrial design or equivalent experience.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.