Daily Harvest is seeking a driven, detail-oriented, and experienced Senior Accountant to play an integral role on our growing Accounting team. In this role, you will be critical in contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions including our monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements. We are looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details. This role is best for someone who wants to feel connected to all aspects of the business and is critical in enhancing the efficiency and structure of Daily Harvest’s financial reporting. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented and have an upbeat attitude, we would love to chat with you! As we are a startup, this position requires someone who is highly adaptable and comfortable with plenty of change.
What you'll do:
- Lead various monthly close processes including support for department level reporting and variance analysis
- Manage the Income Statement for all Operating Expenses to ensure expenses are properly categorized, recorded in the correct period, and all support is documented
- Prepare various balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining all relevant support in audit-ready fashion
- Oversee accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports;verifying information
- Work with third party vendors to automate communication of inventory data
- Help create, shape and institute company accounting and finance policies
- Execute financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Assist in external audit including preparing schedules and responding to audit inquiries
- Implement process improvements and find efficiencies wherever possible
- Conduct month over month analyses and actual vs. budget and communicate across all functions
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data
- Additional ad-hoc finance and accounting projects, as necessary
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- 3+ years experience in ecommerce/retail industry
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- CPA a plus
- Demonstrate firm understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite is strongly preferred
- High Proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- Ability to manage documentation and input data accurately, with great attention to detail
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is critical
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.