The Manufacturing Director will help develop and execute a manufacturing strategy to facilitate our rapid growth while managing day-to-day manufacturing operations. You will manage all aspects of manufacturing, including selecting the right partners, leading negotiations with existing and prospective partners, leading cost improvement projects, developing capital plans related to efficiency improvements or expansion, and day-to-day oversight of manufacturing operations to drive key metrics around cost, order fulfillment, and inventory control.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the vision for our manufacturing network, ensuring sufficient capacity to keep pace with our rapid growth
- Partner with our Innovation team to bring new products to life, including selecting the right partners and equipment and/or technology to implement the most effective solutions
- Develop and execute a process for qualifying prospective manufacturing partners
- Lead negotiations with existing and prospective manufacturing partners
- Lead on-boarding of new manufacturing partners and commissioning of new equipment in close coordination with supporting functions such as Quality and Innovation
- Own the manufacturing P&L, identifying cost-savings opportunities
- Own the relationship with our manufacturing partners and ensure communications are seamless and support healthy relationships between our partners and Daily Harvest
- Develop key metrics for cost improvement, order fulfillment, and production variances. Report out on metrics on a regular basis, holding manufacturing partners accountable for results
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to manufacturing team by setting performance goals, ensuring execution of projects and cultivating a high-performance culture
- Manage and prioritize requests from cross-functional teams
Who you are:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in Manufacturing, preferably in the food & beverage space at a high-growth company
- Armed with a degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- You have a track record sourcing new manufacturing equipment, building a capital budget, developing a project plan and executing on high-visibility projects
- Excellent understanding of the concepts of continuous improvement such as lean manufacturing
- An authentic leader: direct communicator, proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with internal partners and external partners, leading to outstanding performance
- You lead by example, coach team members to stretch and grow professionally and provide guidance and strategic direction for the team
- Sense of urgency and bias for action. A high level of motivation, disciplined, and a self-starter who is up for the challenge of achieving aggressive expectations
- Outstanding communication skills. Proven track record of effectively collaborating with supply chain functions and cross-functional partners across the broader organization
- Strong customer focus and a track record of delivering best in class service levels
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.