Daily Harvest is a direct to consumer brand reimagining frozen food to solve a modern eating dilemma: the desire for convenience without nutritional compromise. We deliver single-serve cups of frozen ingredients (organic, whole ingredients and superfoods, with no preservatives or added sweeteners) that can be turned into crave-worthy eats in just seconds.
We are looking for a data engineer who is passionate about furthering this mission. As a key member of the Data team and our first devoted data engineer, you will be in charge of ensuring a reliable, central data warehouse. You will build and manage data pipelines from a wide variety of sources touching every part of the company. You’ll work in a modern data science stack including GCP/Bigquery, Python, and Looker that sits on top of our rich dataset. All while enjoying tasty smoothies, soups, and bowls!
- There is no minimum experience or education, but this role will require a firm grasp of software engineering, intuition around data system design, and a broad understanding of modern data tools and services.
- Strong Python and SQL background.
- Understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), and how software scales.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high-growth environment
Good to Have:
- Looker modeling experience.
- Exposure to ETL tools (e.g. Alooma/Fivetran/Stitch), Google Cloud (Bigquery), Fullstory
- E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.