Daily Harvest is looking for a Fulfillment Operations Manager who will bring relevant experience in ecommerce fulfillment operations, possesses strong organizational and technical skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, consumer-centric organization. You will be responsible for overseeing our 3PL fulfillment partners by gathering and analyzing data concerning operations, inventory control, and customer order defects. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a passion for teamwork, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and being able to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business.
- Overseeing the Operating Plan process for all sites including KPI targets and standards for all aspects of operation.
- Driving Operational Excellence, and Lean through collection, analysis, and reporting of the KPI data and using that data to be a change agent to drive improvement internally and with our fulfillment partners.
- Coordinating and managing of monthly/quarterly physical inventories and development of follow up reporting.
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing order forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Daily Harvest Operations Managers to balance network order volumes.
- Managing 3PL performance metrics to determine inbound or outbound productivity requirements to achieve customer time, accuracy, and quality expectations.
- Proactively identify future network storage and throughput capacity constraints.
- Supporting all safety programs and OSHA compliance with our external partners to ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers.
- Providing assistance for the Logistics Director on special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s or MBA degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain,Operations or related field.
- 5 or more years of management experience in busy e-commerce fulfillment, operational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, or transportation environments.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques).
- You have gained previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPI's, as well as similar metrics.
- Successful track record in supporting customers, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required; you can consult others in achieving consensus.
- Solid analytical skills, a sound business judgment and strong oral and written communication.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary
- Ability to distill large volumes of disparate information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, and interpersonal skills, effective at all levels.
- Knowledge of lean, six sigma and kaizen techniques and methodologies would be advantageous.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day when on-site
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.