Daily Harvest is hiring a user experience research team lead to join our rapidly-growing HQ in New York City. You will be a thought leader internally and will help us establish best practices, democratize customer insights, lead long-term research, and build out the digital experience research function in close partnership with our VP of Product.
What you will do:
- Define the structure and best practices of the user experience research function for the company.
- Create processes that scale with our rapidly growing business and team. You will be asked to democratize simple research methods but centralize research insights to fuel customer-centric decision-making across the company.
- Train Product Managers and Designers on how to conduct simple usability tests with prototypes to scale our customer-centric product development processes.
- Work across the company to prioritize research opportunities.
- Lead longer-term research that informs our product vision. Own the documentation of our customer journey to facilitate alignment and decision-making across the organization.
- Collaborate with our marketing and culinary product teams on ethnographic research.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience, ideally in a rapidly growing company
- EXTREMELY organized
- Experience having designed:
- Scalable systems for recruiting and screening participants
- Scalable processes for sharing insights across functions
- Passionate about decentralization with a proven track record of training others on research methodologies
- Managed projects that involve cross-functional teams
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and distilling down into actionable product and design insights
- Precise, but able to be agile and iterative. You know when to make a decision based on consistent insights from 3-6 user interviews and when to take a step back and conduct a more comprehensive analysis.
- Will have a robust toolkit of methodologies and know what tool to apply in which circumstances.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.