Category Manager, Frozen Ingredients
Our Category Manager, Frozen Ingredients will ensure a consistent and optimum supply of frozen ingredients at our manufacturing facilities to fulfill production needs. This person will be the day to day contact for all of our current suppliers and purchasing staff at our manufacturing facilities. Their primary role will be to communicate needs, monitor fulfillment, oversee quality of ingredients and track overall performance of our current suppliers. You will work out of our headquarters in NYC and report to our Director of Procurement.
- Purchase and maintain optimum levels of inventory to fulfill production of outbound product.
- Execute and iterate the purchasing program that will ensure best in class SKU fulfillment, quality, cost, efficiency, flexibility and food safety, while supporting the brand's vision and story.
- Resolve problems related to invoicing, product quality, and/or delivery.
- Work closely with our procurement analyst and demand planning team on understanding and validating our ingredient projections and communicate those needs to suppliers on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis, while maintaining lean inventory that is JIT.
- Lead new vendor research, outreach and on-boarding process, while maintaining existing supplier database.
- Maintain price sheet, ingredient specifications, ingredient risk assessment, pack dates, and food safety documentation
- Communicate any potential delays or issues to the rest of the Operations team and the CS team.
- Develop a good rapport with on-site teams and create a positive dynamic that encourages open dialogue and feedback to drive continuous improvement at manufacturing facilities.
- Create, manage, maintain and analyze KPIs as tool to monitor supplier performance.
- Jump in wherever else is needed within the Operations and Procurement team
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Highly analytical mindset – must be numbers focused. Should be able to look at a number and quickly assess it for accuracy.
- Communication skills – must have good listening skills in addition to excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Capacity to multitask and to meet multiple demands coming from both the production facility and the corporate headquarters.
- Ability to self-motivate and problem solve in a fast paced setting filled with hard deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Willingness to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
- Minimum 2 years of food purchasing experience.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, overnight oats, and chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment
- An accomplished team, looking for new team members
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing, plant-based food accessible with thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food delivered to doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.