As the People Operations Specialist, you will be a key, strategic leader at Daily Harvest. We are seeking a highly personable, driven, dynamic individual with a real passion for people. You will be responsible for aiding in the development of a world-class employee experience for our team. You are a thoughtful, compelling communicator who is comfortable in the public eye and behind the scenes. You are up to date with the latest people operations trends and have a progressive outlook on performance and employee development. In this role, you will maintain a strategic and high-level perspective of the company but also be hands-on operationally.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and send Welcome Email to new hires to collect necessary on-boarding documentation (e.g., I-9, EEO questionnaire, benefits enrollment forms)
- Lead annual benefits open enrollments, employee changes, and terminations
- Work with Learning and Development to build out training calendar and monitor new hire attendance
- Assist in reviewing people data to develop key metrics, measure employee engagement, and retention
- Coordinate appropriate candidate pre-employment background checks or credit checks if applicable
- Assist in facilitating the summer internship program and organizing events
- Organize and maintain personnel records and update internal HRIS systems as required
- Answer employee questions about People-related issues
- Maintain personnel records and documents
- Post federal and state labor law signage in applicable locations
- Manage, support, and/or participate in special projects or events as assigned by preparing presentations, updating project timelines, creating and updating deliverables, creating and updating status reports, creating and updating reference and training and self-service help materials.
- Work with the Head of People to coordinate staff celebrations, staff happiness/fun events, student site visits and informational presentations for groups, and to plan and execute our annual Staff Retreat
- Maintain HR records and HRIS systems, including processing on-boarding (new hire) and off-boarding (termination) paperwork, recording changes in job classifications, merit increases, etc.
- Minimum 4+ years of HR experience of increasing responsibility in a high growth organization.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Well versed in current HR regulations and compliance.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Experience in a global technology-centric company or building engineering-centric cultures.
- Experience in developing consultative relationships, including the ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment of constant change.
- Proficient in various HR tools and applications.
- Exposure to TriNet, JustWorks, Greenhouse, and Lattice is highly preferred.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, harvest bowls, lattes, soups, overnight oats, and chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Lots of responsibility!
About Daily Harvest:
Daily Harvest is a direct to consumer brand re-imagining frozen food to solve a modern eating dilemma: the desire for convenience without nutritional compromise. We deliver single-serve cups of frozen ingredients (organic, whole ingredients and super-foods, with no preservatives or added sweeteners) that can be turned into crave-worthy eats in just seconds.