This individual is charged with developing and deploying a centralized, standardized, and optimized inbound and outbound logistics network, including but not limited to, distribution, finished good inventory management, and customer order fulfillment, in order to minimize total system cost and maximize profitability while delivering superior customer service. The position will require a full cross functional approach, developing plans and metrics that are aligned with business goals and objectives creating value for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Develop carrier strategies, including carrier selection, on-boarding, negotiation, and performance management. This includes refrigerated/frozen truckload freight and small package freight
- Own the Logistics/Fulfillment P&L, identify cost-savings opportunities, improve logistics and fulfillment efficiencies while optimizing customer service levels
- Partner with other functions to create process improvement in all areas of logistics and customer service
- Develop metrics to assess logistics/fulfillment performance, including on-time delivery, carrier performance, and fulfillment center performance to optimize service to customers while minimizing costs.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with core providers to ensure agreed upon service requirements are being met
- Lead the development of RFI/RFPs across various modes of transportation, including refrigerated/frozen LTL/FTL and small package deliveries
- Lead the negotiation of contracts with carriers and fulfillment centers
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to logistics team by setting performance goals, ensuring execution of projects and cultivating a high-performance culture.
- Manage and prioritize requests from cross-functional teams
Who you are:
- 8+ years of leadership experience in Logistics, preferably in the food & beverage space
- Excellent understanding of the concepts of business process measurement, including on-time shipment and delivery, carrier performance & utilization, fulfillment performance, including utilization and efficiency measures
- Previous logistics strategic sourcing experience, including multiple modes (Refrigerated/frozen LTL & FTL, small package/last-mile deliveries) and across various sales channels (i.e., E-Commerce, Retail)
- Sense of urgency and bias for action. A high level of motivation, disciplined, and a self-starter who is up for the challenge of achieving aggressive expectations
- A proven leader. You lead by example, coach team members to stretch and grow professionally and provide guidance and strategic direction for the team
- Outstanding communication skills. Proven track record of effectively collaborating with supply chain functions and cross-functional partners across the broader organization
- Proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with internal partners and service providers, leading to outstanding performance
- Strong customer focus and a track record of delivering best in class service levels
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.