Job Title: Japan Retail Lead
Reports to (Direct Title): Sr. Commercial Director, Japan
Location(s): Tokyo, Japan
Employment Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Japan Retail Lead is to lead Japan Retail Organization and to drive all aspects of retail store operations and processes toward achieving financial and retail KPI objectives. While managing, guiding, coaching, and motivating the retail team, Japan Retail Lead is to ensure the execution of a consistent and a high standard of retail excellence in all directly operated stores as well as carrying out business activities that support Crocs core values, objectives and promote Crocs brand standards.
- Lead Japan Retail business together with Planning/Merch teams in Singapore and Finance team in China.
- Review and analyze sales, financial and KPI and proactively provide strategic suggestions and solutions to achieve or exceed goals.
- Set store and staff targets that will lead to improved performance throughout and track and motivate along the way.
- Drive all aspects of retail operations including training, working with Regional Retail Training team.
- Support field training programs and rollout of training initiatives. Help translations as needed from English to Japanese.
- Drive the execution of Visual Merchandising guidelines, ensuring they are effective, commercial, and aligned to regional guidance.
- Work with Merchandise Planning team to manage store inventory level and ensure optimal stock to support sales target.
- Drive Marketing programs that will drive traffic, conversion and sales.
- Partner with IT, Supply Chain and S&OP teams in implementing systems and processes that will improve the retail business; identify issues and provide solutions.
- Manage and drive all operational aspects of store openings, closings, relocation and upgrades to ensure smooth implementation and budgets and timelines are met.
- Manage country loss prevention standards to support the field in achieving shrink goals and data integrity.
- Manage communication and relationship with external Real Estate and/or Mall Developers for existing door lease/contract and potential new door opportunities.
- Drive active communication and manage relationship with 3PL retail staffing companies to ensure they deliver the same and consistent in-store services and operations.
- Organize and track existing legal contracts (for sore leases, HR, etc) and manage submission of necessary official company documents.
- Establish collaborative communication and working relationship with other supporting function teams such as Finance, GA, and HR.
- Participate in cross functional meetings to represent Retail team. Share business updates and collaborate as needed in driving overall Crocs business in Japan.
- Ensure the Company policies and procedures that are respected and followed within Retail team.
- Minimum of 5 years retail operations, with at least 2 years of managing people in a multi-sited retail format.
- Lead by example
- Passion for Retail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Strong Interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and decisive
- Work experience in frequent communication with global and regional teams
- PC skills (Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc)
- Experience in fashion and/or sport lifestyle industry is a plus
Company Culture and Benefits
- Flex+Core time and generous work from home policy since 2020
- WeWork Office near Tokyo Metro Onarimon Station
- Comfortable blend of international and Japanese work environment
- Gain a global perspective of marketing activities worldwide
- Defined Contribution Plan (401k)
- Generous employee discount
- Additional annual leave granted for summer, New Year’s, volunteering
- Our great training curriculum with in-person sessions and a global eLearning platform offers you a lot of room for personal growth to get a little bit better every day
- Learn more here https://careers.crocs.com/