Crocs, Inc. is a world leader in innovative casual footwear and accessories for men, women and children. The company offers a broad portfolio of all-season products, while remaining true to its core molded footwear heritage. All Crocs shoes feature Croslite™ material, a proprietary, revolutionary technology that gives each pair of shoes the soft, comfortable, lightweight, non-marking and odor-resistant qualities that Crocs fans have known and love. Crocs celebrates the fun of being a little different and encourages fans to “Come As You Are”. In recent years, the brand has innovated new comfort technology, regained its appeal to a younger demographic and reimagined what our classic clog means to a new generation through a multitude of high profile collaborations such as Beams, Balenciaga, Alife, Post Malone and a pipe line of dynamic artists for the 2020 and beyond. Our local and global celebrities include the signing of Priyanka Chopra for 2020. Crocs, the brand everyone is watching and wearing …..
The Sr. Commercial Director, China is a strategic and critical position within the Crocs China organization and Crocs is looking to hire a highly talented professional. The China market forms part of the Crocs Asia region and this market is one of the Company’s 4 strategic growth pillars globally. This role is responsible for maximizing wholesale and retail channels’ opportunities, and management of the VM and Retail Training functions as well. This position will form part of the China Leadership Team and reports directly into the VP and GM of China.
The China business, as one of the growth markets for the Global organization, needs a dynamic leader who can maximize the commercial opportunities in Wholesale and Retail. It is envisaged that the Sr. Commercial Director will focus on these priorities, with focus on:
- Provide positive leadership and best practice disciplines while protecting and building the Crocs brand and culture in China embracing the core Crocs global values
- Assume full responsibility for the P&L and health of the China WS and retail business, and ensure financial objectives and deliverables are met.
- Define strategy and drive the sales and execute through the team all operations strategies, to ensure goals are met. This includes setting sales goals with the partners, and for our own retail stores.
- Work closely with eCommerce to align on pricing strategy, and drive business with sustainable development.
- Monitor product and market trends in the marketplace and the activities of competitors. Anticipate problem areas and disruption. Work with Merchandising to capitalize on innovation, collaborations and new product opportunities.
- Continue to lead and engage a capable team aligned to the growth opportunities.
Positioning for growth
- Following China Rise 2.0, develop and execute strategies to grow the existing business and brand vision in the market place; explore and evaluate the potential of current partners to develop/renovate them; determine white space strategies and develop new partners.
- Delivering a world class Retail and Partner Store model and business that operates in highest performance metrics of Crocs.
- Execution and implementation of aligned best practice standards and engage with Asia Brand Support Centre for support to operate the two channels’ business as efficient as possible.
Elevating the brand.
- Elevating the business to be a truly leading business within the Crocs organization and in the market place.
- Ensure the Crocs business becomes an employer of choice.
- A business focused brand builder and savvy P&L manager, who has a deep understanding of the market as well as the cultural nuances.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive leadership and people management experience in multinational companies. A strong background within the footwear/ apparel/ accessories is preferred with strong wholesale experience essential.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, a background in wholesale and Retail operations
- Exposure to a variety of sales and distribution channels in the retail/wholesale environment to drive the right sales initiatives and provide partners and consumers with the highest levels of service.
- To create and inspire a vibrant and dynamic commercial team across the functions that has synergy and seamless cohesion throughout the organization.
- Strong partnership and networking skills, including adeptness in building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- A good communicator, with a clear and concise presentation style and the ability to convey the vision in a manner readily accessible and understandable to all. Fluent English is a must.
- To embrace the matrix organization thereby maximizing the communication with and support of the regional team in true partnership
- A team player who possesses strong people, communication, negotiation and influencing skills to work effectively with stakeholders in a multi-cultural and international environment.