The Ohio Distribution Center (OHDC) is looking for an Operations Manager for the 3rd shift of Distribution Operations which covers a Friday, Saturday, Sunday work week (12 hour shifts). This position will work in coordination with Operations Managers who cover the 1st and 2nd shifts to ensure continuity and success of overall operations. This position is responsible for managing inventory control for inbound and outbound product movement.
- Manage distribution center operations in a union free environment; ensuring and maintaining direct, productive, and positive relationships between and among management and non-exempt associates.
- Motivate a diverse, hourly workforce; lowering cost per unit while driving outstanding service.
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills to lead, guide, and fulfill the company objectives.
- Results driven with a high sense of urgency; adept at managing and facilitating change.
- Positive attitude and a team player; ability to lead in high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
Builds & Maintains Relationships:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g.; sales, store operations, planning, and finance); establishing and maintaining effective relationships with vendor community.
- Well-developed associate relations skills; proven team builder with a track record of identifying and growing talent. Adept at providing effective feedback.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics, finance, or industrial engineering or equivalent experience
At least 3 years DC general management experience in high volume, big box environment a must. 10 years high volume, big box distribution center experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Warehouse management / network systems experience required (Manhattan Associates is a plus).
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and can take initiative while maintaining operational excellence within the center.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in an Omni-Channel Distribution environment processing Wholesale, Retail and E-Commerce orders is highly desirable.
- Strong people skills and the ability to build positive relationships with operations personnel and other key stakeholders.
- Experience with continuous improvement and process improvement methods.
Travel – minimal