Implement, support, maintain, and optimize the network hardware, software, and communications links of the company’s cloud infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working as part of a multi-discipline team in a new initiative to build a computing environment in Amazon Web Services servicing distribution centers, retail locations and remote business offices. Included, but not limited to:
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco switches and routers
- Aruba and Meraki wireless solutions
- Leading network engineer in designing and implement Amazon Web Services network services for multiple projects and integration
- Implementing subnets, DNS, firewall, and VPN services in AWS.
- Actively managing and monitoring the performance of AWS network services.
- Evaluating new technologies consults with vendors, and recommends their use where appropriate. Providing high-level expert analysis on network related issues. Responding to and resolves network difficulties.
- Leading projects in network design, equipment acquisition, and implements new networks. Developing and maintains network management tools, utilities, and scripts.
- Creating and maintaining network documentation necessary to ensure the efficient network operation.
- Developing network standards and configurations including network security controls
- Create support model for network infrastructure by leveraging in house resources, partners and MSPs
- Develop redundancy and high availability solutions at mission critical sites leveraging Aryaka SDWAN
- Support the roll out of new Microsoft Teams based voice solution
- Serve as T3 escalation point for network troubleshooting
- Manage SDWAN global implementation, cost efficiencies and ensure consistent support and service delivery is meeting SLAs and customer expectations
- Support the security and audit teams regarding periodic audits and cyber security risk mitigation
- Support and facilitate Change Management, Release Management and Resource Planning functions
- Provide consultant services to various technology stakeholders to leverage security controls that ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information utilized throughout company’s business applications
- Help analyze and facilitate the selection of technology solutions for the customer base
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- BS in computer science or equivalent. CCNA and/or CCNP certification.
- 4+ years in-depth network engineering experience. Proven deep understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, DNS, DHCP, NAT, and routing. Strong knowledge of Layer 2 network protocols and Layer 3 IP routing. Proven scripting abilities in Perl, Shell, or Python
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives, as a team player, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong technical design and decision making skills
- The desire to build solid partnerships with regional business units while at the same time keeping a global view of corporate IT strategy
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to present ideas in a business friendly language with a focus on Value proposition
- Highly motivated self-starter with a “Sense of Urgency” who can both lead, and be a part of highly productive teams
- Exceptional customer service orientation with strong problem solving ability.
- Able to speak Mandarin in order to liaise with Mandarin speaking clients.