The Sr. Digital Developer, SFCC will help architect and implement small to large solutions within the full SFCC technology stack. The developer is also responsible for informing the business of feasibility, timelines and potential risks. They are well-versed in back-end development such as API integrations or SFCC jobs, but can handle complex, front-end experiences as well. This person is self-directed, highly motivated and willing to creatively work through a problem. They will deliver scalable, stable and innovative digital consumer engagements across mobile and desktop technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building solid HTML/CSS, cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages
- Developing and maintaining optimized Demandware templates and pipelines/controllers
- Drive initiatives to continually enhance and optimize the front and back-end Crocs e-commerce codebase for speed and flexibility
- Architecting high-level code structures / pattern usage
- Troubleshooting bugs within a complex, global code base
- Provide level of effort for your projects, as well as provide direction on scope and determine overall feasibility
- Create and document development specifications and work completed
- Active participation through all phases of the development lifecycle
- Provide status updates and communication on projects to e-commerce business users and other stakeholders
- Mentoring, assisting, and guiding junior developers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA in Computer Science or a related degree, or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of experience as a web developer, 3+ years Demandware/SFCC required
- Significant experience creating new logic in at least one back-end coding language
- Architected and lead completion of several large projects (integrations, APIs, refactoring, etc.)
- Familiarity with code repository systems, Git preferred
- Extensive experience with responsive design
- Experience converting and/or slicing PSDs to CSS (or similar)
- Understanding of and experience with mobile and web based design constraints, editors, browser platforms and their differences
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming practices
- Self-directed and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated flexibility and collaboration in fast-paced production environment
- Ability to provide insight, thoughts and contribute feedback to the team on various projects from a technical perspective.
Crocs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.