Crescent Line Leaders are responsible for the production line manufacturing processes and people to ensure processes meet / comply with applicable Safety, Quality, Regulatory & Customer standards and Productivity requirements.
Line Leads are responsible for ensuring that the production assembly line is actively engaged to meet daily customer demand and production schedule. The Line Lead provides effective training to the line staff and ensures safety and quality standards are maintained at all times. The Line Lead is responsible for the line assembly of products by using hand and tools / equipment, fixtures, work instructions and specifications to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble Finished Good Production in a Regulated cGMP Environment. The Line Leader processes will operate as outlined in the Crescent Way- 3 P’s:
While building on our culture of:
- Doing it Right
- Doing it Safe
- Doing it Well
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand Doing it Safe Ensure production line is properly set up and operates safely
- Ensure every line worker understands respective safety requirements (PPE)
- Participate and promote Safety Observations – do not walk by any unsafe act or behavior
- Operate a clean and organized line
- Recognize and motivate talented line workers to become fulltime members of the Crescent team
- Train the production line people and monitor their performance, adjusting their task and position on the line, to maximize the production line work-flow
- Work closely with support staff such as Technicians, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Supervisor, Materials/Warehouse to resolve issues
- Work with supervisor and other team leads to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure customer demand and the production schedule are met
- Plan and schedule each hour of the shift, to maximize the output of the production line
- Line leaders give instructions to assembly line workers to ensure each member of the production line is aware of what is expected and ensure each has the necessary tools to do what is expected.
- Verify, manage and reconcile inventory consumption usage and remaining balance
- Work in collaboration with the production lead / supervisor to resolve any issues which could compromise the on-time delivery of any order.
- Use basic problem-solving skills to ensure stable operation of the work cell
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Production Supervisor
- Proactively stage the daily workflow and line change overs
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all specification & quality requirements (Regulatory & Customer)
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures
- Ensure traceability of all materials which require (lot / exp date)
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the company’s Quality System
- Complete required documentation relating to business or Regulatory requirements
- Prevent and continually minimize the number of deviations and nonconformance’s
- Sustain and drive Lean Manufacturing and 5S activities
- Observe, maintain, coordinate and complete standard work
- Data Integrity
- Accurately track all products and materials from staging to finished production in Pack Manager and ensure inventory accuracy and integrity
- Complete required documentation and any associated administrative tasks related to the production line by updating system records and required reporting
- Complete paperwork and any associated administrative tasks related to the production line, from updating records to show what’s been completed to noting any issues
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with Production Supervisor
- Operate within the required staffing requirements for each order
- Continually seek out means to remove sources of waste on the production line
Do It Right
Doing what is right for our customers, doing what is right for our company and doing what is right for our People. Continually improving the quality of our product and services. Monitoring and measuring every key ingredient which could negatively impact our quality. Doing it Right ensures we will always be a Premier Service Provider.
- Identifier and champion of change opportunities, adept at countering resistance to change and an advocate for continuous improvement
- Follows up to ensure quality task completion
Do It Safe
Providing a safe environment and supporting our people to reach their highest potential. A safe environment where all forms of risk are assessed and controlled. A safe environment open to new ideas, where our people’s opinions and overall well-being count. A diverse environment where everyone fits and can be successful.
- Able communicator—good clarity, balanced talker and listener
- Effectively assertive and able to handle conflict and confrontation situations
- Solution vs. blame oriented
Do It Well
Optimizing all our resources to efficiently and effectively perform all tasks well. Our overall productivity as a company is a reflection of the thousands of activities performed well each and every day by everyone. At Crescent, our ability to Do it Well is a real source of pride valued by our customers.
- Systematic trainer, willing and able to develop people
- Able to follow structure where it exists and create structure where it does not
- Resilient—able to deal with the unexpected, not easily flustered
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Fast paced environment, requiring Line Leaders to follow specific guidelines and instructions, inspiring a group to operate as a team to meet a set production goal. The ability to establish repetitious routines, monitor and adjust as required.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arm’s length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Knowledge, Skills, & Capability
- The ability to read instructions and perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and understand percentages.
- Self-driven to continually monitor the production line and make the decision necessary to improve the work flow and output.
- The ability to communicate with facts, to balance talking with listening, to use communication to inspire People to achieve results.
- Being self-motivated and motived by achieving set targets while continually seeking out opportunities to eliminate waste. Ability to accept and embrace change.
- Determining how information fits together and how the information relates to production efficiency.
- The ability to break a problem down into steps and produce a logical timely solution.
- The ability to manage one’s time effectively, schedule and prioritize tasks in accordance with the demands of the day
- Pack Manager
- EDI (i.e. SAP)
Performance Metrics and Trends
- Production Line Safety
- Production Line Quality
- Pack-Manager Data Entry & Errors
- Production Line Efficiency
- Production Line Optimization
- Line Lead Certification Completion
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Experience leading teams or projects strongly desired
- Regulatory cGMP manufacturing experience
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience
We will absolutely know the Line Lead is successful if they can:
- Operate a safe risk-free line
- Achieve all Productivity and Quality targets
- Develop a motivated and competent team
By completing this application, you are acknowledging the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age of older
- I can perform the essential functions of this position, with or without accommodation
- I am a US Citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the US on an unrestricted basis