*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As the Database Engineering Manager, you will lead the team responsible for be instrumental in the the reliability, performance and scale of Credit Karma's database infrastructure. We have a distributed architecture utilizing MySQL & GCP Spanner for the delivery of our product. You'll be working to modernize improve the availability and reliability of these key systems, developing automation and tooling to analyzing performance, and taking our infrastructure to the next level.
- Provides leadership for the design, development, and deployment of database technologies and services.
- Enhance developer velocity by leading the design and development of automation and self-service tooling.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to address architecture and reliability requirements as well as building a functional capability roadmap.
- Hire talented engineers and provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to the team.
- Participate in key technical and design discussions within the team as well as the broader engineering organization.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to prioritize work and create products to support our database platform.
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive the scalability and reliability of platform services.
- Manage, prioritize, and strategize short term and long term objectives.
- Maintaining an automation centric vision and incorporating SRE methodologies in an effort to increase reliability and decreasing toil.
What’s great about the role:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to an extremely engineering-focused organization
- Your contributions will have a noticeable impact on our members as well as your fellow Karmanauts (that’s what we call ourselves)
- You will be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma
- You will get broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of desired and progressive technologies such as Spanner, MySQL, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, etc..
- You will grow and learn and have fun doing it--it’s part of our culture
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you have probably already read about
- 8+ years of experience in a web-centric Linux production environment building and architecting Infrastructure to scale modern web applications and supporting components.
- 3+ years managing, growing and developing database engineering teams responsible for production workloads.
- Solid understanding of database system internals, and their impact on query and system performance as well as site health.
- Experience running Infrastructure at scale; utilizing Configuration Management and automation to ensure repeatability and reliability (We use Salt).
- Working in the cloud is a paradigm shift, so cloud experience is a plus.
- Have a solid understanding of both relational and other database technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization via demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Programming experience in Python, Go or other OOP languages is a plus.
- Experience of working with Google Spanner is a plus.
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: