Who We Are
The name “Corvee” refers to the first recorded type of tax in human history. It was one of the main catalysts for the French Revolution. Our goal is to take this name and reinvent the way that we as accountants, business owners and individuals deal with taxes. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here, too. We’re proud of our amazing high-growth and this is all due to our best and most important asset: our employees!
As the Director of Federal Taxation, you will be championing the development of our federal tax products while building an incredible federal tax team to continuously improve our software.
If you’ve got a data-driven mindset and love being in a role where you are very organized and detail-oriented, and of course, geek out about tax planning and tax research, we’d love to have you so please read on!
What You’ll Do
- Increase estimated tax savings generated per firm, per client quarter, year over year through the enhancement of our tax planning software.
- Research federal, state and local statutes in addition to publications to maintain a complete list of U.S. income tax planning strategies and increase the list year over year.
- Maintain a prioritization model of strategies based on their potential estimated savings generated for firms based on their frequency of use and impact.
- Create new tax planning strategies per month and complete supporting documentation, calculations, IRS and court case support to be used in Corvee Tax Planning software.
- Review 100% of tax planning strategies for accuracy, completeness and conformity with the U.S. tax code.
- Answer escalated support tickets related to tax planning strategies, their calculations, and the implementation of the software for the tax and accounting firm.
- Perform an open question and answer call with tax and accounting firm owners who are actively utilizing the Corvee Tax Planning software.
- Manage tax managers and tax analysts to complete federal tax forms, calculations, review, and quality assurance tasks ahead of key milestone dates.
- Provide training to new internal team members relating to our internal tax tools and how we create our tax products.
- Provide training to external clients relating to our tax software products.
- Answer escalated support tickets related to tax forms, their calculations, and the implementation of the software for the tax and accounting firm.
- Oversee key projects related to our key milestone dates (Federal Tax Planning, Tax Content Libraries, Help Center, etc.).
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing high-profile federal tax projects, developing new projects that advance the effectiveness of our tax planning software, and producing new processes and procedures to advance our product suite and federal tax team. If you have experience in tax planning, tax compliance, tax policy research, then this position will come naturally to you. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- CPA certificate, EA, JD or LLM highly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in federal tax planning and federal tax compliance for small businesses.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and completely remote work environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and writing skills, with experience researching and implementing tax policies.
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team, often on tight deadlines.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of MS Excel and GSuite.
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy (experience with picking up new tech apps).
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease.
What You'll Love About Us
- Competitive Salary / OTE
- Unlimited PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Maternity Leave - 8 paid weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 paid weeks
- $1,000 Home office reimbursement
- Paid virtual workouts with a personal trainer
- Special life event gifts
- Care packages when sick
- Holiday Raffle
- Referral Bonus
- Education Bonuses
- LI Learning
- Study Materials
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Corvee empowers accounting and tax professionals with a suite of solutions designed to build, grow and optimize their firms. We work with firm professionals in the specialties of tax, accounting and financial advising.
Corvee provides a bundle of solutions for each specialty including tax planning and client collaboration software, firm growth and development programs and wealth management advisor partnership opportunities.
Built with the help of on-staff tax and accounting experts, the all-in-one suite is designed to help firms increase revenue and improve efficiency, while providing the highest value and insight to their clients.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.