Who We Are
The name “Corvee” refers to the first recorded type of tax in human history. It was one of the main catalysts for the French Revolution. Our goal is to take this name and reinvent the way that we as accountants, business owners and individuals deal with taxes. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here, too. We’re proud of our amazing high-growth and this is all due to our best and most important asset: our employees!
As the Tax Manager, you will be in charge of building, training and managing a team of tax analysts working on the tax products within Corvee. If you’ve got a data-driven mindset and love being in a role where you are very organized and detail-oriented, and of course, geek out about tax planning, we’d love to have you so please read on!
What You’ll Do
- Review tax forms and calculations from tax analysts.
- Hire, manage, and train tax analysts to complete their assigned tasks ahead of key milestone dates.
- Complete tax forms which include form coding, referencing, and tax calculations.
- Test tax forms inside our software tool and ensure they are properly coded to create an accurate tax calculation.
- Prepare complex calculations related to tax forms assigned.
- Perform quality assurance procedures on tax forms, calculations, and tax planning strategies that have been prepared by other analysts and provide feedback to analysts, managers, and engineers.
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing high-profile tax projects, developing new projects that advance the effectiveness of our tax planning software, and producing new processes and procedures to advance our product suite and tax team. If you have experience in tax planning and tax compliance, then this position will come naturally to you. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- CPA certificate, EA, JD or LLM highly preferred.
- 3+ years experience in tax planning and tax compliance for small businesses.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and completely remote work environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and writing skills, with experience researching and implementing tax policies.
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team, often on tight deadlines.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of MS Excel and GSuite.
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy (experience with picking up new tech apps).
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease.
What You'll Love About Us
- Competitive Salary / OTE
- Unlimited PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Maternity Leave - 8 paid weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 paid weeks
- $1,000 Home office reimbursement
- Paid virtual workouts with a personal trainer
- Special life event gifts
- Care packages when sick
- Holiday Raffle
- Referral Bonus
- Education Bonuses
- LI Learning
- Study Materials
- Awesome Co-Workers!
Corvee empowers accounting and tax professionals with a suite of solutions designed to build, grow and optimize their firms. We work with firm professionals in the specialties of tax, accounting and financial advising.
Corvee provides a bundle of solutions for each specialty including tax planning and client collaboration software, firm growth and development programs and wealth management advisor partnership opportunities.
Built with the help of on-staff tax and accounting experts, the all-in-one suite is designed to help firms increase revenue and improve efficiency, while providing the highest value and insight to their clients.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.