Corelight is a cybersecurity startup in the network detection and response (NDR) market, based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. Our technology helps defend some of the world's most sensitive, mission-critical organizations and gives defenders a commanding view of their environment - so they can outsmart and outlast adversaries. Corelight's unfair market advantages include our unique architecture built on open source Zeek, as well as our founding team - which includes Zeek's inventor and its key open source committers. We aim to follow in the footsteps of successful open source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, and help make the world's networks safer.
Corelight is seeking a Technical Operations (TechOps) Technical Lead. In this role, you will be responsible for leading application engineering for Corelight Cloud Services, which is the collection of cloud services that provide Corelight Sensor appliances: licensing, updates, secure remote support access, telemetry, etc.
The core pillars of TechOps include:
- Own external and internal cloud services achieving agreed upon SLI, SLO and SLA
- Root administration of complex cloud environments (primarily, AWS)
- Enterprise tools and infrastructure
- Evangelize Automation, Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
Corelight is a distributed, remote-first workforce: the role can be performed from anywhere in the United States of America (USA). The team itself is based in Columbus, OH.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development, testing and maintenance of cloud services
- Promote IDP, account and network administration best practices across all environments
- Provide advice and mentorship on cloud architecture and API’s
- Promote automation, disaster recovery and system resilience best practices.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years in Operations Engineering
- 4+ Go (Golang) or other statically typed language experience
- Expertise at application and database engineering for scale
- Expertise at application support practices and procedures for critical platforms
- Expertise at application monitoring and profiling
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as code, Terraform, Ansible
- Familiarity with AWS, in particular Lambda, APIGW, S3, VPC, Route 53, IAM, and CloudFront; familiarity with AWS SDKs and aws-cli
- Familiarity with containerized code bases. Docker and Kubernetes Experience a plus!
- Understanding of networking and NetSec best practices
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.