(Digital, print, web, slides, and video editing)
Corelight is a Series C ($50M Oct 2019) security startup based in downtown San Francisco, CA and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes ten of the Fortune 200. Based on the Zeek (formerly Bro) Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, Corelight’s unfair market advantages includes its founders: the inventor of Zeek and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world’s networks safer.
We’re looking for a designer/production designer generalist to join our brand and marketing team.
You’re energized in an environment where priorities rapidly change and multiple projects must simultaneously stay on track. You’re equally comfortable designing a print ad, social media campaign, web page, email, slide deck, or editing a short video. You think mobile-first and understand how to use design to drive marketing performance. You're strategic and think about the brand and how our creative drives success of our marketing programs, but also simultaneously tactical in fulfilling the marketing team's day to day needs.
Creative and able to quickly generate new ideas and designs, you can take designs all the way through to finished products meeting exact specifications and following brand guidelines. Or, you can take existing creative ideas and extend them to new formats and sizes. A large percentage of this role supports our digital marketing efforts, so you’re highly experienced with optimizing campaign ideas based on feedback and performance analytics.
- Concept, design, and produce visual materials for the brand and marketing team under guidance from the Creative Director, transforming high-level creative concepts into digital assets such as social ads, display banners, landing pages and email templates.
- Collaborate with digital marketing, brand team, and copywriter on projects
- Assist with light HTML/CSS coding of landing pages, emails, and web pages
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technologies to maintain efficient workflow
- Organize and prioritize projects, working in collaboration with Creative Director and other team members
- Effectively manage time and resources to deliver on quick turnaround deadlines and multiple projects
- Enjoys varied assignments
- Positivity under pressure
- Comfortable helping to define and build process if it doesn’t exist
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong project management skills
- Excellent time management abilities
- Excellent layout, graphic design, typography skills and motion design sensibilities
- Fastidious/Attention to detail / Excellent proofreading
- Great team player, understands how to work well with and support other
- Clear communicator that is able to express dependencies, questions and needs in order to complete requests
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop—Expert, InDesign—Expert, Illustrator—Advanced)
- Sketch / Craft/ InVision —Advanced
- Premiere Pro—Competent. After Effects a plus.
- gSlides or PowerPoint—Advanced
- HTML/CSS front end skills—Competent
- MUST PROVIDE A PORTFOLIO OF WORK FOR CONSIDERATION that includes examples of your print and digital work
- Media or graphic design degree from accredited school or equivalent work experience with demonstrated competence in design
- 4+ years professional experience in production design or design
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.