Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings.
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. We are a venture-back, fast growth hospitality company that concepts and operates asset-light resorts in the most iconic destinations. With a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience.
As the Overnight Manager you will manage and maintain all aspects of our Retreat guest operation. S/he will lead by example and enthusiastically creates an environment of hospitality and generosity throughout the Retreat. You own issues and work collaboratively between the front and back of the house to find solutions and create memorable experiences for our guests. You enjoy building a sense of community with our guests and excel at bringing a positive attitude to our Retreat everyday.
Seasonal, full-time opportunities;11pm to 7am; must be available May 2023 through September 2023
- Oversee overnight Retreat operations and make it a warm and welcoming place
- Ensure all guests have a exemplary experience
- Book activities and/or meals for guests as they desire
- Provide local knowledge and suggestions for our guests
- Ensure our guest tents/rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean and well maintained
- Ensure the physical condition of the Retreat is spotlessly clean and well maintained
- Be aware of flow of service for guests, check in/out timing, and adjust for each guest’s individual needs or preference as occupancy allows
- Assist in upselling rooms, food and beverage, and experiences for our guests
- Own and resolve guest concerns or complaints to the best of their ability
- Assist the General Manager, Director of Rooms and any Manager(s) as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 years experience in similar position in luxury hospitality environment, outdoor hospitality environment
- Hard working, enthusiastic, flexible - desires new challenges and is self motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work variable shifts on both weekdays and weekends (24-40 hours/week)
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting, including all-weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, etc.)
- Must be able to periodically make fast paced movements when required to go from one part of the property to others
- Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, crouch or climb as required
- Must be able to pull, carry or lift at least 20lbs
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly Wage: $24 per hour, plus gratuity
- Unique & meaningful benefits including: accrued PTO, sabbatical program, wellness stipend
- Healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations and employee free and discounted nights
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com